Getting rid of cable. How to watch sports?

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by Chia • Mar 5, 2014.

1. Chia

ChiaMember

Threads:
    So I got rid of my cable and went with Hulu + Netflix. I really like being subscribed to them both because Hulu gives me all the recent tv shows and Netflix will give me Movies and a bigger library of older tv shows. My only problem is that there are no ways to watch live sports now. Does anyone know of a specific service or website that gives you tons of live sports?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It takes a little more digging around, but you may be able to find a live streaming source of the channel if you look around on places like Livestream or Ustream and other similar sites. Here are a few places to help you get started:

However there are many other sites out there too. In some cases, the people streaming what you are looking for may only be broadcasting during certain times, like when a big game is on. They may not broadcast 24 hours a day. There are a handful of shows that I watch streaming live, since I don't have Cable anymore, and the person who is streaming them only turns on their device right when the show is about to start.

Another option, albeit costlier, would be to hit up your local bar/pub and watch it on their TV. Or grab some beers and stop over a friends house to watch it, lol.

3. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    These are my favorite options. Many bars and restaurants have game day specials, and it's always nice to be surrounded by other fans. Going to a friend's house is great, too, because you know absolutely everyone there and you don't run the risk of being around rowdy drunks. Unless your friends are rowdy drunks.

Another option is maybe using a friend or family member's login information and getting the WatchESPN app.

4. Loyal

LoyalBanned

Threads:
    The places where I sometimes stream sports is Oneclickmoviez.com It also has movies on that site. I barely have any time to watch anything anymore but when I do want some good quality moviez and sports streaming this is the spot to go to. You'll thank me later. lol. I rather have beers and watch it at a bar though. =)

5. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Even though I still have cable, these are still some pretty great resources. I agree though -- I like sitting at a bar and watching sports with my BF, but it definitely gets costly! Watching at home is far cheaper.

6. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    It takes a little digging around, but there are plenty of good free sports watching sites to choose from. You just have to find which is the best for your browser. Of course, the feed isn't going to be all that great, but hey! It's free!

Another option is to wait for the good deals on sports packages that you can watch on your computer. MUCH better feed quality and you know you'll be able to watch all the games you want.