Getting rid of things we don't need

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Peninha • Jun 25, 2014.

1. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    No it's kinda hard, I'm sorry mate...

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I noticed that I have a lot of stuff that I don't use, mostly clothes that are never been used because they were just given to me and it's either I don't like how they look like or they don't fit me anymore. I'm thinking of selling them as well to be able to make some money.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My husband and I are on the same page about what to keep or not. it's mostly my stuff anyway, since I once became attached to every little thing that came into the house as well lol. I don't sell my items though.. I donate them.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lately, every time I go to Goodwill to drop off donations, I find something cool and end up leaving with more stuff. Today I went to donate a box of books and ended up buying a lava lamp. I think next time, I'll drop off the donations at the back when they're closed so that I'm not tempted to go in and shop.

5. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, I am the hoarder in my house. I am currently in the middle of trying to clear some of the clutter as my house is beginning to feel claustrophobic. A lot of things are going straight in the skip, some things are being recycled and some I have put to one side to sell on an online auction site.

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ah, this can be a tough one. I save far more things than my husband does. Then again, he doesn't use most of the stuff, so he doesn't get it. I have regular everyday dishes, but I also have serving dishes and stuff for holidays. I have different linens for holidays too. You have to have "company towels." lol I seriously need to have a yard sale, and I need to do a big round up for charity donations as well. It will be part of my spring cleaning.

7. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    Everyone wants to get rid of stuff they no longer need, but the real hassle is if they can find people that are willing to buy their "garbage".
    I remember that when I used to conduct my own -mini- business on Ebay with products I'd buy old appliances for a small price and resell for a bigger one, I couldn't find that many buyers, not because they knew where to find them cheaper, but because they didn't trust old products, and would've come off better if they had bought a new one upfront.
    So, yeah... if you can find people to buy at least 25% of what you possess, you are a lucky person.

8. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    Just last week, I went through my daughter's room and got rid of 6 or 7 bags of things. She has moved far away, and hasn't touch these things for over three years, so I figure it's time that someone else can put her clothing to good uses. It makes me feel so much lighter.