Getting tired of Facebook

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by SavvyGirl2014 • Jun 6, 2014.

1. spacetimecontinuum

spacetimecontinuumMember

Threads:
    I've never been on FACECRACK, primarily because I was HUGE fan of myspace, I met many nice people on there, went to some fantastic gives, I loved the interface, the whole thing.When everyone defected to facebook, I refused, because I'm not a sheep, but the number one reason is I loathe Mark Zuckerburg and I will never do anything in my life to add another penny to his coffers, I think he is a hideous human being.

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    On the actual website? None maybe 2 minutes a day if that. If someone sends me a message I'll be nice and reply but I don't really send anybody messages.
    This is on average though. I have an online friend that I now talk to through there. We were talking for hours last night but we don't talk every day.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is an interesting opinion. I used Myspace before Facebook got big and blew up into everyone's lives. But I have never actually heard of anybody not using Facebook - so elegantly termed Facecrack - because they were still so attached to Myspace lol. I don't like Mark Zuckerburg either. Didn't he once murder someone or cause them to be blind? He did something to negatively alter another person's live forever. But most people are too busy posting selfies and rangling for likes to know that lol.

4. spacetimecontinuum

spacetimecontinuumMember

Threads:
    I've never heard of this(alleged) story in regard to Zuckerburg, I just believe with every fiber of my being that he is an evil, evil, evil, diabolical human being. I just read somewhere that he donated 25 million to help with fight of Ebola...yeah right, more likely he bought 25 million dollars worth of the strain, to help wipe out all of Africa, so the continent can be plundered, once and for all, without interference from those pesky human beings or as he would term it...sub-humans.

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    I heard that it was fifty million that he donated. Not twenty-five. But I haven't looked into it. I just know that it was Mark Zuckerburg and Bill Gates who donated. I do think that the illuminati is behind Facebook. Weren't they using people uploading pictures on Facebook to implement their facial recognition software?? I have never been someone who posts a lot of pictures, if any at all thankfully. It always seemed strange - not wrong. But definitely not me. Facebook can cause a lot of trouble if you allow it to.

6. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I have seriously got to start reading tutorials. Facebook scares me a bit, I have 3 friends on there. lol I love some of the other social networking platforms out there like Instagram, Pinterest, and others. But for some reason Facebook just seems like this huge vast ocean of people, businesses, and sites that leave me feeling like I will drown in all the information. That being said, there are a lot of marketing agencies using Facebook for their business advertising and so anyone who is trying to promote something (which I am) should really get on the band wagon. But here I sit. However, the posts about Facebook interest me to no end. Maybe after I keep reading up on it I will one day not be terrified to use it.

7. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    H.C. Heartland, I didn't even know there were people who haven't started using facebook regularly. Kidding of course. I don't think you should overwhelmed by it. It can be a good tool to keep up with family and friends. And if you have a business it's a pretty great way to get more exposure and clients. People really share and promote businesses on there a lot. Its like with anything you have to know how to best take advantage of it and use it to your benefit.

8. spacetimecontinuum

spacetimecontinuumMember

Threads:
    Fifty Million??? Great, even more resources to spread the virus. FaceCrack is insidious, period! I would advise people to give that place wide berth. People just don't understand what they are getting involved with by being on that site. I liken it to " Hotel Calififornia"...you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave...

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    LOL! I feel like that would seem a little grave to someone who is looking at it from a surface perspective. But what you say resonates with me deeply because I have been watching Facebook and their antics for a long time now - as well as the people behind facebook and the way that Facebook use impacts upon the course of every day life. For me, the massive clue was that you could never really ever delete anything off of the site. Even statuses that you type out, but delete before you publish it to your friends list goes into the facebook data log. Apparently they are doing this because they want to get a grasp on what sort of things people are hesitant to post about and why -_-

10. spacetimecontinuum

spacetimecontinuumMember

Threads:
    The whole site is insidious DreekLass and I wish people would wake-up! We only have a shred of privacy left to us these days and people are willingly giving up tonnes of information about themselves for other's to make profit from and don't even get me started on these so called store Loyalty Cards.

Universe give me strength!

11. DreekLass

Threads:
    Some - or even most - people are not even making profit from being an active member on Facebook. They just share all and every part of their lives for online popularity, which isn't real to begin with, because after someone likes your post, that is it for them; they just keep on with their day. Look at websites like vine for instance. Teenage boys posting about raping a young girl, and all for likes???? I understand that when people agree with you, whether in person, or in the form of an online like, people feel validated and good. But he lengths that people go to to get these likes is retarded.

12. spacetimecontinuum

spacetimecontinuumMember

Threads:

At the end of the day it's all illusory, people will have 5000 "friends" but be lonely as hell. Real friends are people that will take you to the airport, ha! That's the only kind of "LIKE" I'm interested in.

13. DreekLass

Threads:
    Lmaooo! I don't even want that kind of like. I just want someone who understands that when I am going through one of my introverted phases, they don't have to be offended and think that they are the problem. Being understood is a form of people/friends showing me how much they like me. I don't need some illusionary thumbs up on these web sites, which is why I haven't posted a Facebook status in I don't even know how long now.

14. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Technically I have been on Facebook since 2009, but I only really started using it this year. Before that, I just used it to wish my family and friends happy birthday. I use it for both personal and business. I don't let it overwhelm me. I don't post personal stuff. I also have no problem limiting my time on Facebook.

15. spacetimecontinuum

spacetimecontinuumMember

Threads:
    Well at least you have your priorities straight, you "know what time it is", to use street vernacular. In some ways I wish I could use facecrack, just so I could write the most offensive updates in the world.

Status update: Today I had bowel movement shaped exactly like Zuckerberg's head, pictures to follow.

Ahhh, yes, this would be awesome.

16. DreekLass

Threads:

Hahahahahaha! Stoop it!!! lmaooo! Well, you could technically venture onto Facecrack and post the most offensive statuses known to man, and it would be absolutely hilarious. In the days where I would still use Facebook, I'd not update for long periods f time and then suddenly appear with my observations of the world. Many of them were kind of offensive, depending on who was guilty of the observation that I had posted about. Like, for example, people who post pictures of their animals, yet have no intention of that being the main focus of the photo, and really just want for you to see their twenty-four inch television in the background, without directly having to say 'here, look at my new television!'

17. spacetimecontinuum

spacetimecontinuumMember

Threads:
    Wow! do people really do things like that?? #fulllthrottletacky

Yeah, it's tempting to join facecrack just to carry out my agenda, but I fear my status updates would not only get me banned from there, but from the ENTIRE internet, so it's best that I have given that place a wide berth.

I was tempted to join Twatter at some point but I just couldn't be bothered. I think I'm basically still waiting for the resurrection of myspace, I know this may never come, but one lives in hope. :)

18. DreekLass

Threads:
    Yes. Of course!!! Don't tell me that nobody has ever done this. But then again, may be you just didn't catch it. There are so many people who do this. Or they will post videos of themselves, entitling it something like, 'boyfriend in the shower,' and they'll venture into the bathroom where their boyfriend is showing, but we won't even see him. We will just hear the shower running, and the girl holding the camera will be posing in the camera, posing with her face and trying to be sexy.

It is all very passive aggressive, if that is even the word. I know how people's minds work, and this is definitely what is going on. People who think that they will come across vein or boastful if they just directly say, 'look how pretty I look today,' or 'just got a new TV. Loving it,' and so they will make out like the main focus of the vid or pic is something, when they really want to show you something else. It is stupid.

I would much rather people just boast or express how happy they are about the good things in their lives, instead of being taken for an idiot who they think they can manipulate.

19. spacetimecontinuum

spacetimecontinuumMember

Threads:
    I don't know if that kind of behaviour is passive aggressive or maybe it's fake humility, as you said, would be much more honest to just say, look at the awesome thing I have, or look how fab I look... and I believe would actually be acceptable behaviour if said person kept such boasts to a minimum, say bi-monthly, but if said person is posting those kinda things on a daily basis, you'd just want to chop them HARD in their neck!

"There's nowt as strange as folk": English expression :)

20. DreekLass

Threads:
    Lol. Yes, fake humility is a great way to put it. For some reason my older sister and I refer to it - and always have - as passive aggressive attention seeking posts. But fake humility sounds much more fitting lol. The thing is with human beings is that when we are not being ourselves or are hiding something, other human beings tend to pick up on that. I do anyway. One thing that I have learned is that if you don't care, then most likely nobody else will either. So if you embrace the self-praise - which some may consider boasting because they are gravely insecure with themselves - and put it out there on FB as a status, others will feel that energy and they will have no problem with it whatsoever. In fact, your confidence and self-love may even inspire others to act in such a way, which is good. But if you half ass it, people will sense that there is something not quite right about it, or inauthentic about it, and see their in to give you hell about it. Most of the time behind your back with though.

Daily basis boasting could get annoying, but i see boasting and praising the good thing in your life as a good thing. If only more people did this. In a pure genuine way though, and not in an insecure, I need to keep reiterating these things to fill a void, if that makes any sense. I just want people to be upfront, instead of assuming that everyone on their friends list is fooled by their... foolery lol. I mean, I know I shouldn't take it as a personal attack, but it kind of is because these people expect me not to see through their transparency.

Queer as Folk -> 'There's nowt as strange as people.' ;)

#40Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014