Getting tired of Facebook

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by SavvyGirl2014 • Jun 6, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I feel like you definitely have a point. But my experience seems to differ slightly. When I was still using facebook, my teenage friends didn's seem to care that family members were on their friends list. They seemed to post crude, sexual, offenseive things like their family members were not able to observe the posts. I think that they still posted statuses such as that because they were behind the safety of their computers or phones, and not face to face with said family members at the time.

2. vdenayb23

vdenayb23Member

Threads:
    So lately IO have grown to not like facebook as much as I used to facebook has gotten outta control people go to far on there. And post rude an nasty things at times. I just cant take it. So I went from getting on facebook everyday to I may get on facebook every now and then. But other then that I am very much over it.

3. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:

People miss 'news' and there will always be 'news', whether it's relevant or not (which is the main problem). I always tend to trawl through the timeline looking for stuff. The trouble is there's so much stuff I don't really care to see or read. But I'm not going to deactivate mine as it's my best option for keeping in contact with friends and family abroad. I live away from my home country, the UK, and for all its faults Facebook serves a purpose for keeping tabs on people I might only see once a year, if that.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Of course. Nobody is saying that you have to follow suit and deactivate your profile too. I understand that some may use Facebook as a means to connects with those that they care about, where as others - like myself - don't really give a shit about the people on my friends list, save one or two, and so that is why deactivating my profile is the best bet. I don't like the new popularity system that Facebook set into motion though. The one where the more likes a status gets, the more it will be seen. Other posts are just ignored completely. The vacuous shit is usually the stuff that rises to the surface because of that.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sorry OP, I find the opposite is true as well. Many relationships become stronger once you put a couple keyboards between you. For example, a friend of mine and I have become so much closer since Facebook. People tend to say more when you take away the discomfort of face to face or alcohol haha. There is so much to say for spending real time with people.. but online takes away that veil that many have up and writing to each other makes it so much easier to express ourselves or go deeper into a topic. My girlfriend and I are very open people, but somehow, communicating online made it possible for us to learn so much more about each other and our friendship. It's been an amazing tool. Besides.. it's less exhausting to spend time with people online LOL. I adore this new way of socializing. If you want to see your friends, all it takes is an invite.

So again.. it's what you make it.