Gift Suggestions For College Bound Graduates

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Athenagdlyt • Jun 20, 2015.

1. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    What could be a perfect gift for a fresh high school graduate who will be starting a new life in the university? Based on your experience, what type of gifts would college-bound graduates appreciate having or keeping? If you were the graduate, what would you like to receive?

2. Liv6

Liv6Member

Threads:
    I just graduated high school in May. I know that some college dorms do not have pantries; the college I'm going to (UCF) does not have one and there is limited cabinet. There are wire rack-type pantries that you can buy for your graduate. Also, shower shoes, gift cards to clothing stores, and sets of towels are helpful. When in doubt, just give the graduate money. :) Best of luck to you!

3. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    If they are going to a dorm, decorations or very basic storage and utility items would be a great gift as well as things like grocery gift cards, laundry needs, etc.
    If they are staying at home a more luxurious gift or fun gift could be more appropriate.
    Cash is always great too!!!

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would say gift cards for places like Target, Amazon are the best so they can buy what they need. Most always need books and stationery. A nice suitcase would be useful too or a rolling backpack as that will always be used. On a personal note I wouldn't buy bedding or towels because it's personal taste, but a food hamper with lots of snacks, or a microwave or toaster oven would be useful.

5. cornerstonegifts

cornerstonegiftsNew Member

Threads:
    Singable wall canvases make memorable and meaningful graduation gifts. Friends and family use a marker to sign their names and write messages on the canvas surface, which becomes personalized dorm decor and a warm-heated send-off gift for any grad.