Gift Wrapping Supplies

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by thisnthat • Mar 27, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Where do you buy most of your gift wrapping supplies? I get a lot of mine from post holiday sales when they are the cheapest, but I also pick up some at dollar stores.

I've noticed that rolls of wrapping paper keep getting smaller, so I always look for the ones with the most yardage that have the same price tag as the rest.

Sometimes, I buy gift bags too, but I've also made some from wrapping paper. Once you find a roll you like, you can use it in a number of ways. Wrap a gift the normal way. Wrap one with different paper and then add a strip from the new roll for a two tone effect. Make a matching gift bag.

You can even make bows from the same wrapping paper, although if you're going to do these extras, you might need an additional roll. All the more reason to get the best deal on the gift wrap in the first place.

Where is the best place to buy tape? I like to get the largest roll, instead of several smaller ones.

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy them from a particular cheap shop in my area. They have this sales during off seasons, so I take advantage of the opportunity and grab good deals.

They have various sizes and qualities too. So it is upon you to decide. I sometimes use old bows and ribbons from my previous wrappers to get the desired look.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too like to get my wrapping on sales with the tapes too. They got good prices after Christmas sales, or back to school sales for scotch tapes. I even get some of my Christmas cards at the time if there is a good one I like at the after Christmas sale. Now that I'm older, I got to remember what I gave throughout the decades and make sure I don't replicate the cards to send to family and friends. I find the most inexpensive prices are after the holiday, so that's when I buy my wrappings, cards, ribbons, etc. to save lots of money for next year there's inflation prices you'll pay for too.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My wife buys gift wrappers by the bundle of 100 pieces for each occasion. And then she stores the unused wrappers inside a sealed plastic to maintain the luster of the design and to prolong the crispness of the paper. Each bundle costs 50% of the regular prize of the same variety of designs. That's why I let her buy bundled wrappers once in a while.

5. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I think it's a good idea. Your wife is smart. Buying in bulk can often guarantee good savings.

I was thinking about

I haven't done it yet, but I really think that it's still worth considering. I'm going to try to get someone to split an order with me and see how it goes first. If I like the products, I will probably start doing it that way.

Some places won't do "wholesale" for the public, but this amounts to basically the same thing. Wholesale, buying in bulk, whatever you want to call it. Getting the most for my money always sounds good to me.