Gifts Below $10

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Athenagdlyt • Oct 19, 2014.

1. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Call me stingy for requesting suggestions for gifts priced below $10; but with this budget, the gifter can give to more people. I can only think of some useful gifts that are also cheap which I myself would appreciate. Tech items such as thumb drives, SD cards, phone speakers, ipad stands, selfie sticks, etc. are almost always welcome.

For active sports people, socks and hand towels are great gifts in bundle form. What other gifts below $10 can you think of?

2. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    It honestly depends on the person. Some people think that anything under $10 probably won't last as long as something that's worth like $50 or something. And I mean, I've always used some stuff that's under $10 and they've lasted as long as I needed to last them.

Another alternative you might want to do is put together an "under $10" box; anything you find that's gift-quality or gift-appropriate throughout the year, you can pick it up and put it in the box. Then when the holidays or birthdays or something comes around, you can just go through the box and pick something out.

But keep in mind not to put perishables in there, obviously :p

3. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    For girls and women, makeup or accessories. Depending on the person you could buy 1 higher end product or a couple of cheaper ones. For makeup I think lip products (lipstick, gloss, stain, balms). For accessories some fashion jewelry or maybe a scarf. This kind of gists can be great or not. I love getting these small things as long as they match my style. It makes me see that the person really knows me and put work into getting me something I like even if they don't have a high budget. But on the other hand if it's something I would never wear then it just looks like a cheap throw away gift.

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    There are plenty of options, and as you said, it's very helpful in stretching the budget out a little more. It depends on the person and their personality, obviously- there's make up, jewelry, some small spa items or fuzzy socks, small toys, art supplies, cooking supplies, stationary/journals, kind of wacky/different food to try, posters, books, and some smaller accessories for electronics.

5. jackslivi

jacksliviMember

Threads:
    For girls, you can get nail polish and eyeshadow under $10. For guys, you could get them like a pack of cards. For kids get those random things of pipe cleaners and a strainer and teach them to stick them in there. It will make entertainment for hours! For older people you could get reading lights for their books. Think of things people need on occasion like flashlights and glow sticks. Now I am not trying to get all doomsday but those things are also great for when the lights go out during a storm. You could also make a little emergency kit for everyone.

6. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    Some easy gifts for acquaintances include little luxuries like candles, a nice lotion, or some sort of bath crystals/relaxation treatment. You can also get face masks that improve your skin. I always appreciate little gifts that pamper that I do not always buy for myself. I love using them when someone gives them to me though :)

7. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I think it depends on the person. But for young children, they'd be happy with any kind of toy. My nieces always wanted pens, paper, colored pencils, things like that, and that would always cost under $10.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The following can also be good gifts which cost less than $10:

Framed artwork - can be good for kids.
    Chocolate — Is a timeless gift anyone can accept.
    A Cookbook — one that costs less than $10, obviously.
    Fancy, scented soaps.
    Blank DVDs for someone who . . . uh, you-know-whats.

9. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    The Dollar Tree is a WONDERFUL place to purchase dozens of very useful items. As the store's name suggests, everything they sell is for only one dollar. However, the store isn't stuffy or filled with useless things. In fact, I find myself grocery shopping and kitchen-shopping more at the Dollar Tree than I do at any other store. There are many incredible deals for hundreds of life essentials. For ten dollars as your post suggests, you could get a giant bucket of ten different items that'll appear as if you spent a fortune on.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really have much to say in the way of suggesting things to purchase that are under $10. But I just want to say that you shouldn't feel like you are being stingy or frugal because you want to keep the gift price at $10 or under. It is your money lol, and you are buying the gift. I think that bathroom stuff is a good bet. You can't really go wrong with a bathroom set, and they are usually set at $10 or under.

11. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can make up your own gift baskets for $10 (and it won't be stingy). Use a tin, an inexpensive basket, bowl, bucket, etc. Pick stuff that you know they will like, such as art supplies for kids, a coffee mug and some different flavors of coffee for coffee lovers, same for tea, an assortment of chocolates or "movie" candy boxes for the candy lover, a selection of different flavors of popcorn in a pretty bowl, a big basket of assorted snacks for a college student, colorful socks and headbands and bracelets for little girls, a toy truck with the back filled with Matchbox style cars for a little boy, puzzle books and pens, or you can always give a book or a card game.

*Yes, as Dizzy said, Dollar Tree is a good place to get a lot for $10.

12. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I think that things above $5 are too expensive. :p I only buy more than that amount for my close relatives and parents. :)