Gifts For Easter Instead Of Chocolate?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by cocolgooh • Mar 2, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I know many people that prefer to do this as it can be healthier, and more personalised than just buying a chocolate egg from the Shop To give. I have a friend who has children that can't eat dairy or soy so they can't get Easter eggs they can eat made of chocolate. He always gives his children plastic egg shaped toys filled with other little toys or some candy they can eat instead.

I know many adults that prefer to give flowers instead of chocolate as gifts at Easter.

What about you? Do you give gifts for Easter instead of chocolate?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Easter Candy usually makes a good Easter gift, same for Easter [egg-shaped] cookies. Children who don't eat chocolate will like them.

For me though I'll prefer getting a kid an Easter-themed toy. Kids love toys so instead of getting them something else which they might not like I'll get something which I'm sure they'll like.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We sometimes hold an Easter egg hunt for the kids in the neighborhood. What we hide are quail eggs that we painted. A quail egg is small so it is easy to hide and hard to find. The eggs have a number corresponding to the prize which are usually toys or useful things like school bag. And for the adults, our usual gifts are sweets like tarts or small pies that are actually giveaways. And for special people like my loved ones, it is similar to Christmas gifts like perfume or clothes.

4. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    @Denis Hard@Denis Hard I was thinking perhaps cuddly toys could be a good option. All of the kids are under 10 so it might be nice for them to get something like this. The cookies could be a good option too though!

@Corzhens@Corzhens I used to love anything that involved looking for things when I was a child! Something like that might be a good way to give them something a little larger that wouldn't fit into plastic eggs! Thanks for the idea! You could do the same thing for the adults, somewhat like a raffle, I suppose? If you were having an Easter themed event anyway.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @cocolgooh@cocolgooh, out Easter egg hunt was intended for the children only. But in the later years, the adults began complaining so we increased the number of eggs from 20 to 50 and sometimes more depending on the participants. It's a big budget now but it is worth the trouble because everybody enjoys the game. As I said, it is not easy to find quail eggs because they are small and easy to hide.

6. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I have always thought that giving chocolates is just so ordinary for Easter that I really try to avoid it. It does happen to be my mother's favorite thing ever though so I still have to get it for her, but I do try and get the really good stuff so it is a little better. I try to go with more non traditional little treats that I can find.

7. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I still give my children chocolate as they love it, but I also like to give them a stuffed animal each year. I have always done this for all holidays besides Christmas. I will usually buy them a Ty Beanie Boo since they are little and so adorable. My children love them and they have all of them still. I think it is a good idea to give other things besides candy but they still like to get the candy as well.

8. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Aside from a few bucks I tend to stick with chocolate and other candy to give out. Easter really isn't like Christmas or one's birthday so big gifts really aren't to be expected and generally for most people are not required. Easter really is just suppose to be a fun day to celebrate with others, and chocolate is pretty ideal on that day.

9. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Well, here we use both, we take different gifts for the adults and for kids we take chocolate eggs. It just depends on the situation and the person to who we buy the gift. Some likes chocolate and some prefer flowers or special ornaments for Easter.