Gifts you would rather not have received?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Lostvalleyguy • Mar 30, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever received a gift that you would prefer not to have received?

It could be that sweater from your great aunt that you feel obligated to wear when she is around - itchy and ugly as it may be. It may be that piece of art that you display not so proudly. Perhaps it is the gift that keeps on taking - a subscription to something that is now your burden. It could even be that gift that is a little too nice from that person that you really don't like. I have a few items collecting dust in the closet.

How do you deal with gifts such as this? Do you immediately reject them, return them later, regift them?

2. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I don't actually think I've ever received a gift that I would rather not have. I am received some pretty terrible gifts like soaps etc, but at least I have got some use out of them. I've never suffered from getting an unwanted gift. I can understand what you mean with the sweater though haha.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have A LOT of unwanted gifts, like shirts that are ill-fitting or I simply don't like the design of how the shirt was made, and since I have never used them, I'm thinking of selling them online. Those shirts were given to me by my uncles and aunts. I also don't like receiving accessories, since I'm not fond of them.

4. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I get unwanted gifts but I'm thankful because the person cared about me enough to get me something. I don't do anything with them and they eventually end up some place where they're never found again. I would never reject a gift. It would be too mean and awkward.

5. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know but all the gifts seems to be perfect. I guess people that are always sending me gifts know what I want. One gift that I would not like is someone giving a cat for a pet. I have been a cat person so I would not know what to do with it.

6. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I received some plastic food toys stuck on a gigantic card for three years in a row for my birthday. Although I truly appreciated the gesture and the humor that came with it, now these plastic toys are gathering dust and occupying space in my cabinet. I'm too sentimental to throw away these hand made gifts but I guess they have already served their purpose.

7. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    A mug with breasts :mad:

Really, I don't mind a cheap mug, but why so trivial? I never used it and threw it away. I could've gifted the thing but didn't want to spread the pain :p At least I learned a thing or two from the mug incident and now I gift only things the giftee can use, no 'funny' presents.