Give me some new drinks to order at a bar

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Mddimehdi • Oct 9, 2014.

1. Mddimehdi

MddimehdiNew Member

Threads:
    Bored of my usual. I'm very safe most times, vodka and coke, vodka and orange, mojito or a magners is about the most variety.

Need some new things to drink.No beers/ale. Prefer sweet and alcohol taste well masked.

2. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Not well masked drinks I am sharing, but will give you a good feeling for the night and the ladies like it!

Adios Motherfuckers:

KC Tea [heard it from Tech N9ne]:

Caribou Lou [by tech N9ne again]:

Kiss on the Lips (Cruise Liner drink):

Ice Bomb:

Personally, I used to do all these type of mix drinks, but it becomes too much of a hassle. I prefer good beer and liquor nowadays.

3. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    Whiskey sour, it's a good option for when you are feeling bored. It's my alternative to a margarita or the infamous long island iced tea. It is perfect for what you ask, it contains exactly what you think it is. It is usually prepared with burboun or whiskey and lime and sugar and a sweetened red cherry. It is easy to go down and sweet enough for almost anybody.

If you are feeling adventurous, try an Ommegang. It is sweet Belgian style ale.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't order Long Island Iced Teas, unless you really want to get on the bartender's shit list, lol, they hate making those. If you do, at least tip them well so they don't get so annoyed.

Chocolate martinis are pretty delicious. I've had them with and without cream or milk in them. I actually prefer the ones without cream, since they don't upset my stomach as much later on. The Godiva chocolate liquer in them is fantastic and smells great. Plus there are many different flavor combinations you could pair it with like Frangelica (hazlenut) or Chambord (blackberry, I think).

I love to have a Negroni after a meal - it's a bitter orange cocktail made with Campari and Gin and soda, with a splash of sweet vermouth. It's not a "sweet" drink like you may be used to, but it is a great palette cleanser if you've eaten a rich meal. Plus I feel less guilty for having one of these vs. eating some high fat desert.

It's not really a recipe, but Grand Marnier is delicious warmed in a snifter glass. Some nicer bars and restaurants even have a special aparatus if you order these, which holds the glass over a tea candle to keep the drink warm. Plus it will make your table, or section of the bar you are sitting at, smell amazing.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a huge fan of margaritas, so that is usually my drink of choice if I'm not having beer (which is my first choice 90% of the time). There is a drink called Sex on the Beach that I also enjoy, and Cosmopolitan is also good!! If you are in a place that offers a wide variety of drinks from other countries as well, I suggest you try a caipirinha, which is a drink specially from Brazil!!

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since you seem to like vodka, and even vodka and orange juice, you could try adding some variety to it by adding cranberry juice. It's called a sea breeze, and it's quite good (although I like gin in my drinks rather than vodka). You could also ask for a Tom Collins made with vodka. It's vodka mixed with sweet and sour.

You could ask for a White Russian. It's vodka, Kahlua, and either Irish Creme or plain cream, depending on the bar. For something extra sweet, ask for this made with Butterscotch Schnapps or get the Schnapps with Irish creme.