Giveawayoftheday.com - Free Fully Licensed Commercial Software

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by ohiotom76 • Aug 7, 2012.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I caught wind of this site yesterday:

They give away free fully licensed commercial software. You just have to check it daily to see what's become available, and you may luck out and find something you had been looking for and were considering purchasing. Today I noticed they are offering a Logo Creation program by SoThink. I just recently ran a trial of this a couple months ago, so it was a nice surprise to see this on here today.

Definitely going in my bookmarks to check out dailly.

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    This is not the first time that I've heard of this site, but whenever I would go, it never seemed like the current day or the previous day's offerings were worth my while, but I am glad that I read this thread as you never know when you might need a logo maker. I guess what I will do is treat this like I do the Amazon giveaways, download more often than not and when the time comes for me to use it, I'll have it.

Thanks.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have also heard of this site. I don't know why I didn't think to post it here. You can sign up to be notified of the item that's being offered. I don't find most of the offerings worthwhile, but every once in awhile, you can pick up a real gem for free.

4. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I went back and looked over a few of the things that they've given away and thought how I could be using it right now. Anything that I think I might do will be downloaded without hesitation. :D

5. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Nice!! I think i'll check this out, thanks for adding it.

6. donaldplozha

donaldplozhaMember

Threads:
    They offer nice programs which usually cost 20-30 dollars or even more, so thank you for sharing :)

7. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks mate! I'll check this website daily too. This is the first time I have heard of this site and yes you are right that they are really offering good giveaways. I was thinking that if I could get one giveaway that is a licensed software, I might just sell that to others to be able to convert it to cash. :D

8. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing the link, I saved some money by downloading a software that I needed desperately. I agree that it is a great initiative by the companies to share their softwares for free without any limitation. Sure some software only have heir lite version available for free download but it's still a great way to try them for free.

9. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    Are these software really full version? I've never trusted sites giving free software. Most of them are malware.

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The giveaway software is the full version and is guaranteed to be malware free. You can double check with VirusTotal to be on the safe side.

11. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:
    Hahaha, it's funny that you guys know about this. I found this website like 5 years ago (via Life hacker blog) and it really has some cool stuff. For the most part, it's entertainment trying new stuff, but a lot of the products can be fail.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also stumbled upon this site around 2008, and I'm impressed that until now it's still giving away free software. Do you know that they give away free games too? Just go to

, they give away one game per week.

13. erronousRogue

erronousRogueMember

Threads:
    If it's legit, then it's definitely a generous site. They aren't giving away bad stuff either, some of these are pretty advanced shareware programs. And it still seems to be active.

14. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It sounds a cool site but the waiting for the right software can be the hard part. But since they offer e-mail notifications of 'available-for-download' software then I'm supposing it's OK. Thanks for sharing.