Gmail or Yahoomail?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by 003 • May 12, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using Yahoo Mail for so many years. It's just easier for me to manipulate. However, I did TRY to transition over to G-mail, but quickly lost interest. I am just not used to the way it's set up.

2. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    There was a time that I used Ymail but these days am full time on Gmail. If Yahoo does not do something soon they are going to lose a lot of their customer base. I must say that Yahoo mail is not well designed even though they are trying to introduce new features it will take time before they catch up with their rivals.

3. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't used yahoo since I was in highschool. I remember back when gmail was invite only and you felt like a hot shot when you got someone to send you one and then all the people you talk to are like "Yo, can I have a gmail invite, man?". It caused me to get into a relationship with a pretty girl over a gmail invite I gave her, hahaha. God, that was forever ago, back when it was in beta..

Easy to make tons of accounts and I'm set up now where I can go into one of them with a single click. I must have 20 or 30 accounts..

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I completely forgot Gmail was invite only. I remember that now. That's how I got my Gmail account. I don't talk to the person that invited me to it anymore. I feel like Gmail is the one thing that hasn't changed much since then.

5. Francy

FrancyMember

Threads:
    I have a gmail account. My husband has a yahoo account. I prefer gmail. It seems to be more user friendly and easier to use. I've used it for years and it has definitely served it's purpose. I had a yahoo account approximately 10 years ago and it was okay, but I still went back to Hotmail and gmail.

6. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannonMember

Threads:
    I prefer to use Gmail due to it having a much sleeker look to it. I feel more organized when using Gmail as well. I am a former yahoomail user, but I found myself constantly trying to weed out spam.

7. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I personally prefer using Gmail, for pretty much the same reasons as you. It's sleeker, more appealing to the eye and a little less confusing then Yahoo mail. I do also use Yahoomail, and it doesn't really bother me? It's my throw away email, so I don't really care either why, haha. Though, don't get me started on the Comcast email system! Ugh, you want a confusing and annoying email system? Look not further then freaking Comcast. It also freaks out my computer, because it sucks up all the bandwidth of the wifi!

8. SpaceGuy

SpaceGuyNew Member

Threads:
    I use Gmail because I feel that it is easier to navigate and it also does a better job with managing the emails that come and go. I also use Gmail because Google links up to your Gmail account and remembers your bookmarks, as well as passwords that you requested it to save. This ease of use makes the program much more accepted which is why I think it is used more.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Gmail with no complaints what-so-ever, the service is fast, with all the space I need and it's super reliable, so what more can we desire from a mail service? I am not saying that yahoo it not good, to be honest I don't know because I've never tried it, but I think that if we are happy with one service there are no reasons for us to change.

10. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Consider the source. I would avoid using it as it's always better to have free services anyway instead of your internet provider.

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Definitely Gmail. I actually still prefer outlook/Hotmail, I think the interface is nicer and more user friendly. However between Yahoo and Gmail I definitely stick to Gmail. I don't even have a yahoo account, I could never get used to their interface and overall layout.

12. dailypayments

dailypaymentsNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer Gmail. It is a lot easier to use and you can send larger files. I have found that with Yahoo, a lot of my mail goes into the spam folder. The other thing that I like about Gmail is that you can block certain emails. You can have them deleted as soon as they get into your email. This means that you will never see those annoying emails again.

13. micah13

micah13Member

Threads:
    When you say no one has used Yahoo Mail since 2008, if that were true they would have shut down the service. I know a few people who still use Yahoo because they started with Yahoo, or they started with a service that Yahoo bought out, so they just keep using it because it's all they know. I prefer Gmail as well. I left Yahoo and Hotmail a long time ago officially, but I still use a couple accounts here and there for occasional services which I don't completely trust with my main email account.

14. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    Like many others here, even my first email account was on yahoomail but then for some reason I switched to gmail and I never had any problems with it so never bothered about yahoomail or any other.

15. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also have accounts with both sites, yahoo and gmail. But I much prefer gmail as it is simple and fast. I often have problems with opening my yahoo account on my phone. It seems to take ages, whereas gmail gives me everything that I need promptly. Also I like the chat option on gmail better than on yahoo. I only keep my yahoo account as I had it for many years and some of my friends prefer to write to that address for some reason.

16. cougeon

cougeonNew Member

Threads:
    i prefer gmail, with all the tools and apps they have available who could resist such a great piece of tecnology.

17. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I'm using Gmail for sending and receiving emails but at the same time I'm also still using Yahoo Mail because my domain is registered with Yahoo Small Business. I haven't used Yahoo Mail for any other purpose but I have a problem of forgetting my password every time so I have to keep on signing in.

I mean I could of course save the password on my laptop but there are occasion which I have to use other computer somewhere else and that's usually when I start getting in trouble.

18. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I have both email addresses but for some reason I find that I use yahoo or ymail more than my gmail address. Which is funny because gmail I find a bit easier to use but I guess for whatever reason I have gotten used to using yahoo mail more.

19. devilishomar

devilishomarMember

Threads:
    Gmail has a much easier and elegant user interface. Yahoo, on the other hand, is the complete opposite for me. It takes longer to get to the place where I want to go in Yahoo than in Gmail. Gmail is an all-rounder so I can do my mail work much quicker than Yahoo mail.

Since Google is a much bigger company than Yahoo, it's invested more resources into Gmail so it's a much more secure way to view your mails and it's filtering feature is simply amazing.

20. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Gmail every time. I tried Yahoomail a while back when I was a writer for Yahoo, but gosh that interface and everything was just horrible. Google has its problems, but it's no wonder that Google won the battle between the two of them.