[US Only] 'Go Dirty for the drought' bumper sticker

Discussion in Freebies and Giveaways started by Carla LaBrie • Sep 19, 2014.

1. Carla LaBrie

Carla LaBrieActive Member

Threads:

At the beginning of this year, governor Brown announced that California is going through a rough patch, that is, is having the worst drought ever. Yet, this did not have a big impact on the residents and they continued using lots of water. If you're environment conscious, you care about your home, you can get a free bumper sticker and take the 'Dirty Car' pledge. Claim your sticker here:

2. Trex78

Trex78Member

Threads:
    Tsk. Typical. This is perhaps the single biggest shortcoming of our society.

But what Carla is promoting is a great way to make an actual difference: it's simple, easy, painless, social, (possibly fun as well), and has significant cultural ramifications.

We don't want to create a culture of Maoist guilt-tripping people into compliance, even if for some greater ideal. We want people to, by their own volition, decide to be more concerned and aware of the world around them. Because if we have that, individual volition and real values, then as a society we can't be misguided like China was for its greater ideal.

3. Carla LaBrie

Carla LaBrieActive Member

Threads:
    What for an articulate young man, Trex78 is! :)
    Indeed, we're either too lazy, or too apathetic. Or both. At the end, we're gonna labor under...if present situation does not change.

4. plantain

plantainMember

Threads:
    Awesome! I hope the culture changes here in California where a dirty car is no longer mocked and commented on. People, it's just a piece of metal on wheels that gets you places; it's not an extension of your body! Chill.

I live closer to the ocean now and it makes my car a lot dirtier; I do have to wash my windows every few times I go out, just for safety reasons. But I'll happily go several months without washing the whole car and forget anyone who makes comments on it! I can't wait to get my sticker.