Go Girl Female Urination Device

Discussion in Product Reviews started by kana_marie • May 6, 2015.

1. HunkyDoire

HunkyDoireMember

Threads:
    I think I have seen products like this get a pretty big following overseas, but as far as the States, I don't see this as catching on just yet (although I have seen some progress, as far as 'family restrooms' or restrooms that are OK with transgender people). As a woman, I think this device could definitely come in handy on roadtrips or when sitting down simply is not a clean option (ladies you have been to restrooms where you know what I am talking about, seen the horrors of unmaintained loos!) Just for the heck of it, I would be willing to try this out, just to see how it worked and if I liked it, what my hubby thought of it, etc...has anyone tried anything like this?? What is the price range? Somehow I don't see the local Wal Mart being stocked up with these anytime soon....lol

2. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    For someone who asked about infections/sanitation, just pour some bottled water through it into the toilet or the bush after you urinate and store it somewhere waterproof with a paper or cloth to catch water drips OR simply use toilet paper or a tissue or a paper towel to dry the device back off. Urine is sterile as it exits your body. It provides a great place for bacteria to grow outside of your body. If using it on a day trip, wash with mild soap and water when you get home. If using it backpacking, rinse well with water (away from water source) daily and then wash with soap when you stop in town to resupply.

They're typically in the $10-20 price range, depending on the brand and options. Amazon has a basic go girl for under $10. You can also check stores that have backpacking and/or outdoor supplies, as I think backpackers were the original target market. Sometimes some walmarts carry them in the camping section but it's pretty rare.

Here's a detailed review:

3. kaylahambrick

kaylahambrickMember

Threads:
    I would be skeptical about trying it, because sometimes when us girls use the bathroom, it comes out fast, and could you imagine trying to use that thing and it coming out too fast and going all over you? Think of a funnel. It's literally like using a funnel. You have to go at the right speed or it will go everywhere