Go-To Food

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Miaka_M • Apr 2, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    When you're at work or at school and you forget to pack your lunch/dinner, what is your go-to food to purchase? Mine is usually a simple sub from Subway (vegetarian, so it's basically buns, cheese and bunch of vegetables). Sometimes i crave the vegetarian poutine from New York Fries as well as the pizza from Pizza Pizza. I normally don't go for any other foods, my limits are very strict this way and I don't splurge on any fancy foods so I save money as well. What about you?

2. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    My go to food is a McDonald hamburger and fries, which I know I shouldn't have. if I don't feel like leaving my job which is a prison I go to the commissary department and get some roman noodles which is always good.

3. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Burgers are my go to food, but I have to avoid places like McDonalds and Burger King because their food causes me physical and mental discomfort. I do like indulging in a good burger, but for whatever reason I avoid sandwiches, hot dogs and pizza. Sometimes I'll get Mexican food at my school, specifically a plate of taquitos with refried beans and rice but the quality isn't the same every time.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    For a while I was trying to cut back on all of my spending big time, including what I was blowing on lunches each day, so I started going to Burger King every day for lunch. This was back when they were still selling the Whopper Jr's for $1. I would bring my own bottled water with me, and order a Whopper Jr. with no mayo. They're actually not that unhealthy if you leave the cheese and the mayo off of them, plus you are getting some fresh veggies with them (Fresh tomatoes, lettuce and onions). $5 per week for lunch is about as cheap as I'm going to get it. Once and a while I would switch things up and get the McDouble from McDonalds instead, but I tried to not do that too much since it's not as healthy.

Jimmy Johns would be my other go-to, since they are so fast there that I don't have to worry about wasting my whole lunch break stuck in a line.

5. purelyfresh

purelyfreshNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer food are Pizza and McDonald hamburger. I know these types of food is not good for health but, really like it these types of food.

6. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    Being honest, a lot of the time, if I don't remember to take my lunch out with me, I will simply do without altogether and just wait for dinner - because I hate having to pay over the odds for a simple sandwich that I could have made at home for a fraction of the cost of what the shops charge. However, if I do really need food, Subway is often somewhere that I will visit, because it is relatively cheap and the food is tasty and fast. I like the way that I can add lots of salad to it as well in order to make it a little bit healthier.

7. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    This just happened to me today. Fortunately a colleague’s friend was due to bring her lunch, so they took pity on me and ordered me a salad from McDonalds. If I had more of a choice it would probably be a Subway veggie delite, but the closest location is too far from where I’ve been working. And hey, I’d take what I could get that was reasonably healthy, haha.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Buying lunch is an unnecessary expense, in my opinion. So I ALWAYS make sure I do have a packed lunch. If I don't a packed lunch on any given day, it's completely by design. It may because I just got paid and want to spoil myself, or because it's a Friday. Some Fridays I like to indulge LOL On those days that I want to spoil myself, I have something indulgent like a MacDonald's quarter pounder with cheese meal because the rest of the time I try to stick to healthier food. Which is another reason why I opt to bring in something, because I force myself to go with something healthy.

9. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I do love chicken, burger and fries. The easiest and nearest place near us is Mcdonald's. I love the burger and fries there, not so much the chicken. For chicken, I either go to KFC or Jollibee which is a local fast food chain in our country lol.

10. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    PIZZA!
    I used to order it on a weekly (almost daily in college...) basis.
    Now I make it at home myself, it rocks!

11. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I usually end up going with either chicken (popeyes, unhealthy but good lol) or just fruits/veggies/etc. from Balduccis. Overpriced but a better deal overall than hitting the fast food too often. Though most of the time I just make a point to have lunch with me to avoid that scenario.

12. hosewalker

hosewalkerMember

Threads:
    My go-to-food to eat or purchase is toast. Anywhere you go toast is always the same. If I'm at a cafe for breakfast and I don't know what to get, ill just get toast. You cant really go wrong, its just heated bread with some butter.

13. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I usually try to find something that is fairly cheap. I don't want to spend a ton of money on food that I'm eating. Like you, I could just get a sub from Subway and then I'll be okay. I actually also like getting a the veggie ones. I used to not eat meat, so I don't eat much deli meat. I love Subway in general, so it's just a nice quick and cheap spot that you can eat at.