Goals For 2017

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Rosyrain • Feb 3, 2017.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I am not one to make New Year's resolutions because it is hard to stick with them, but I do like to make goals for the year ahead. Last year, our goal was to buy a house and we finally accomplished the mission accomplished couple of months before the year ended. This year, we plan to pay off our lingering bills and get some money in savings. What is your goal for the year?

2. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    As like resolutions I do not set goals either. These things push me into pressure, and I think best result could not be yielded under pressure. I'm happy-go-lucky kind of a person. Whatever achieved is good. Something left is fine as well. There'll at least remain something to look forward to.

3. Jannatul Ferdous

Jannatul FerdousMember

Threads:
    I dont make any resolution as I cant make it happen every time! So I have stopped making any New Year resolution now.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Let's go down to the very basic of what a resolution is. The dictionary so defines it as "a firm decision to do or not to do something". And this is where a new year's resolution comes into view. As to its limitation, it is only confined to a definite time or length of time to accomplish. It may be a short time goal or a short time plan for something. It may be a positive one or otherwise.

5. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if it's a goal since I've been planning this for a couple of years now. My main goal is to be economically stable and hopefully have a house of our own someday. I want a safe and nice place for my daughter to be at. I want to get rid of all the depths we are in and start all over.

6. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds like a good goal to me and one that you can achieve. You can start out by creating milestones for yourself and work toward the end goal. First, you should examine your bills and what your income is so that you know what you need to tackle. I recommend that you pay off a small bill first so that you can feel a sense of accomplishment from completing the mission. I had an old bank credit card that I was paying off for years and then stopped paying on it for quite a while. I then made a point to finally getting it paid off by going to the bank and making small payments each week. It became a routine for me and the bank tellers got to know me well. They kept rooting me on each step of the way and it felt great to make the final $10 payment at the end.

Start saving small amounts of money as well toward your down payment. Even if you can only afford to put $5 a week in savings, it adds up over time. If you are looking to buy a house someday, start working with a mortgage lender now. I worked with my mortgage lender for about 2 years until I finally was able to get funding for a house. She was wonderful and we made a plan to preapproval together.

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Well my goal for this year is to achieve my ideal physique and body weight :) I've been wanting to do this ever since but then I'm having a hard time. Right now I'm doing it one step at a time :D My ultimate goal for this year is to have savings and to start my own website :D

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I've come to a point where I don't really keep goals for the year. I did that some years ago but hardly kept to them, for that reason I don't wait for any particular time before deciding on what to do or change in my life. This year I hope I'll be able to step up my work online to an enviable height.

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy Thank you so much for the advise and you are right with a little organization and determination it is possible. I guess that I have to make paying my bills little my little a routine now since I keep on leaving them to the last minutes or just completely putting them off. I just worry when I don't have enough money to buy my daughter a good meal but I guess in time things will get better. Now you have motivated me to organize myself and have a routine that will do great along the way. You are right that even saving a bit at a time adds up in the long run but I will have to put it somewhere far from me so I won't end up spending it.

#9Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2017
  10. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Mine is similar. We always try to save but end up spending most or all of it. This time, we're having a family member hold onto the money. When we want to spend some of the money, she goes with us and sees if the reason is fair enough to spend it. If it's for something stupid, she won't let us spend it. We're always poor but this time, we want to have a big sum on reserve.