Goats Milk Soap From Local Farms

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Isabellas2007 • Apr 25, 2012.

1. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    Now I know many people have thought about getting back to natural items. The problem is everything you buy from the store is laden with chemicals. To help you out I have found goats milk soap, when bought locally, is full of only natural items. With these being full of natural items you are not exposing yourself to anymore chemicals, but you are also going to get clean at the same time! Trust me this is well worth the cost and effort in finding the soaps. I used to have a skin condition and would break out to most soaps. However, since switching to some of the soaps I get from a farm near me, the site is pinelanesoaps.com if you are interested, I have never had anymore skin outbreaks. That and I finally have the smooth baby skin back like I want to get!! This soap totally rocks!!!

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    That is interesting. I didn't know they made soap from goat milk before. We do have a local farm that sells goats milk but I don't think they sell products, just the milk. The soap sounds like it worked really good for you. I'll check out the website and have to try one of their soaps out. Thanks for the information.

3. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    We have a local farm that sells at our local farmer's market. It is great stuff. I wish I could afford to go all natural with all my beauty products, but it is expensive.

4. Isabellas2007

Threads:
    I agree Mirage the price is higher, but the lack of chemical treatments or other blemishes you have on your skin is well worth the cost! Without this type of item, I would have to get all the different cleaners and that for my skin.

5. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    I have been curious about goats milk soap since I watched something on NetFlix about a farm. The two owners started making and selling their own goats milk soap. Since then I have been thinking about giving it a try. I think that I might just look into it and see if I like it. I would love to keep my home healthier by reducing the chemicals I bring into it. Some of the things we willingly bring into our homes is really scary when you think about it.

6. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    I found an awesome goat-milk soap at our local farmers market, Maple Hill Soap. I use it on my face and everywhere! My friend said it helped with her excema. Another guy I know uses it for his psoriasis.They have great fragrances and all-natural too.

7. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    You're right about some of the things we bring into our home that is really terrible for us and the environment. I would like to try the goat milk soap to see if I can use that one. I want to make sure it is pure and natural. I will see if my local Farmers Market carry this soap so I may purchase it here locally. I had never thought of my local farmers market, I'm glad you reminded me. I have always gone to the health food stores for my items.

8. Isabellas2007

Threads:
    Lena, if they do not carry this you may want to check out Pine Lane Soaps site. This is where I get my soap from and it is a local farm to me! So I can easily save money on the shipping by picking up directly from them. They have great soaps and the bars usually last anywhere from 2 weeks to a month, but they leave my skin feeling so soft it is worth the cost!

9. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Thank you so much for this info. I have been searching for a natural soap minus all the additives and I finally found castile soap which is really just a vegetable oil and lye (necessary for soap making). Nothing else added though. It is pretty expensive, especially those made with virgin olive oil.

I will definitely look into this option. Thank you for the information once again.

10. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I agree that are far too many chemicals in beauty and personal products, which is why I'm so interested in all natural products nowadays. There's one person in Jamaica who produces goat milk soaps and other beauty products, but she finds it very difficult to source the ingredients to make her products because goat milk is very scarce in Jamaica. I like that you shared this link. I really appreciate it.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I make my own soaps most of the time, or if I don't feel like it, I find a small company that uses the ingredients I don't mind. many of the hand made soaps I've found contain palm oil in one form or another and that's an oil coming from very unethical practices that I will not buy in my products.

if skin issues are from the products you use, a soap change may help.. otherwise, it's a change in the body (food) that needs to happen. Autoimmune issues don't just go away because you stop using chemicals, unfortunately.

12. Anna_Bella07

Anna_Bella07Member

Threads:
    Hi

Using natural products are always helpful for us. It will protect us from the infections that are caused because of the usage of other products which has chemicals added in it.

13. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Goat's milk soap is interesting, I've never used it but I would buy it as I follow a natural philosophy. I am currently using all natural black African soap and that is excellent, it is scentless and it lathers up nicely. Does the goat's milk soap form a nice lather? That's the only issue I've found with natural soap bars, they don't lather as well as artificial soap.