Gofundme

Discussion in Product Reviews started by ExpertAdvice • Feb 12, 2015.

1. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I've also read this story and thought it's a little ridiculous (just for me) considering that most people where I'm from also commutes daily, even myself. :D But anyway, the story did solicit a lot of interest regarding the effectiveness of the site. I for one will surely try it when I have fundraising projects. :)

2. Avocadogirl

AvocadogirlNew Member

Threads:
    I think that Go Fund Me campaigns can often only raise money for those who are popular. You hear about joke accounts raising thousands of dollars. I don't remember what it was, but someone a while ago made a campaign asking for help raising money to buy a burger or something and ended up getting hundreds of dollars. As fun as it can be to contribute a dollar or two to these campaigns, I think if everybody could put that effort into something that really mattered than we could make a huge impact.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know plenty of people that have used GoFundMe. If you do it right, then you can get some great results from using the fundraising site. I believe they charge a small percentage of the proceeds, though, and you're not going to get much unless you can reach beyond your circle of family and friends.

4. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    That is amazing how this campaign took off to raise such a huge amount of money! I haven't used this site to raise fund, but I know a guy, completely healthy, capable of working, have a roof over his head, but too busy pursuit his dream of making chunk of money online, that he started a campaign for other people to donate money, a washer, a car, etc..

Now, if you ask me, I think this is abusing the system and it is pure laziness. Many of us work for pennies, and to contribute to such campaign is only pampering someone's dependency.