Going to Cinema Or Staying In?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Little Poon • Sep 24, 2012.

1. Little Poon

Little PoonNew Member

Threads:
    So do you prefer going out to the cinema to watch movies or do you prefer staying in watching movies in the comfort of your own home? It's a tricky debate as both options have equally good and bad pros' and cons'. I personally prefer movies at home :) what about you?

2. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    I also prefer watching movies in the comfort of my own home where there is no one to make too much noise while eating popcorn, no one to keep kicking your seat, no one to block your view by suddenly sitting upright and no one to talk on his or her mobile in the middle of the show! I really hate these things that can happen to you while you are watching a movie at the cinema. I always wait for the DVD release of the shows I want to watch before renting or buying it back home. With my awesome armchair, large screen television, surround sound home theatre system and endless snacks, where else could be better than home?

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I'd rather have movie night at home, with a few friends and some drinks and nibbles. You can usually buy the movie for what it would cost for a couple of cinema tickets, and then you have to put up with everyone talking, crunching sweets, breaking wind - you get the picture. Pun intended, by the way! I don't get why some people can't wait for the movie to come out on DVD. I'd rather wait, and make a night of it with my friends.

4. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I used to love going to the cinema, but when you have constant commercials, obnoxious moviegoers, outrageous ticket prices and awful films, it definitely makes me want to stay home. My lady and I just go three times a year to the movie theatre and instead have our movie night every single Saturday. We love watching the oldies from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also prefer watching movies at home, as compared to watching it on a cinema. It saves me the hassle of buying overpriced food and tickets, and the hassle of the usual annoyances that we encounter that are caused by people at the cinema who lack "cinema manners".

6. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I also prefer watching from home because of some reasons.

1.) The prices of food at cinemas are so high and I'd rather prefer the food that I will be cooking at home. I am also sure that the ingredients that I will be using are clean so as to avoid myself from taking in any kind of bacteria and viruses.

2.) The cinemas are too cold for me even if I bring my own jacket. When I'm a home, I can adjust the temperature of the room according to my liking.

7. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think going to the cinema provides a better entertainment experience as compared to just watching movies at home. I always treat my girl to the movies when a new flick comes along. Of course there are times when watching at home is the way to go but for a complete movie experience, going to the cinema is the best. IMO.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would prefer to go the the movie theater, but ticket prices are $13 in my area. Food concession prices are outrageous too. The only good thing is that there are now healthier food options. I used to like going to the theater for the group experience. It was fun. High cost have taken the fun out of going to the movies.