Going To Hawaii

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by steph84 • Jul 2, 2016.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Hi everyone! I am going to Hawaii in 4 weeks! I'm so excited!! It is my first time ever and I am going to Maui with my boyfriend's family. Does anyone have any tips on what I should wear? I bought a semi-formal cute dress for dinners, a few beach outfits, bathing suit and two pairs of shorts. I still have to buy sandals and a few more tops. I need some good walking shoes too! I have so much to shop for and so little time! I will be there for a little over a week. Thanks for any tips!

2. SammyGregory

SammyGregoryMember

Threads:
    The last time I was there I was a teen but most people wore sandals, shorts or knee length skirts/dresses, and tank tops or sleeveless blouses. A lot just wore bathing suits with cover ups or sarong covers if staying around the beach or the stores/hotels on the beaches. Sunscreen and a wide brimmed hat if you burn!

3. bmiller1357

bmiller1357New Member

Threads:
    I know that by now you have already made your trip and don't need my suggestions. I went to Hawaii several years ago and thought it was the most beautiful place. The flowers everywhere was just mesmerizing! The temperature was a consistent 70 degrees all the time, even if it rained. I took mostly shorts and bathing suits. I bought a dress while I was there to wear to the Luau that we went to. I hope you enjoyed your trip!

4. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I was in Hawaii for two weeks for our honeymoon, almost 20 years ago. You will love it! It's so pretty and scenic. I would suggest a long flowing skirts/dresses. I also bought a dress while I was there. It has a beautiful Hawaiian floral print on it. You may want to save your money and look for cute pieces of clothing or shoes in Maui too. I also bought some jewelry while I was there. I would suggest bring good walking shoes to explore the island. We also walked on the beach a lot , so cheap flip flops were handy. I remember the sand was so hot we had to go out and buy him a pair of flip flops. Enjoy your trip.