Going to Japan

Discussion in Travel started by Animachine • May 14, 2012.

1. Animachine

AnimachineNew Member

Threads:
    Of all the countries in the world, Japan is my most desired destination. Any deal I've come across advertising a "cheap" trip to Japan has been in the low thousands of dollars at the least. This is way out of my budget, and will probably be for some time, but I'm young and adventurous, and I can't wait much longer. I'm really a noob when it comes to travel, so maybe I'm just looking in all the wrong places. I don't care what part of Japan I go to, although I would love to see the mountains. I also don't need much money once I get there (not a big fan of souvenirs) so my budget is solely focused on transportation.

I'm wide open to any creative ideas you may have, thanks in advance.

2. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Well, where do you live and how open are you to staying hours on a plane, then perhaps taking a boat or train to get the northernmost island? Also what time of year are you going?

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, I want to go to Japan so badly! My friend went but he was in the Navy. He got to live there for a few years. Have you thought of joining one of those "teach english in xyz country" programs? I know that Disney is hiring people to teach english, but they are looking for people with a teaching background. You can also try to house swap so you can get cheaper accommodations.

4. pizzaz007

pizzaz007New Member

Threads:
    Gud luck in your new trip. Japan is very beautiful country and have very nice and hospitable people. Hoping best for your stay in Japan.

5. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    If you are open to it, while you are there you can tutor some people in English and that will help you with your budget while you are there. Also, do some online work, while sitting in their cafe's...so you will still be earning.

Just be cautious, since I heard parts of it are still radio-active since their nuclear disaster. But hey Japan is on my list too...don't give up. Go and look at student flight centers too...as they often have discount tickets for youth (even if you are not a student, you can benefit).

Bon Voyage!

6. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I would definately watch for nuclear radiation. They are still working on that reactor number 5 and I don't trust all the information comming out of there. Check and see if they have any hostle's around. I backpacked through Europe very cheap by staying at hostle's and eating street food.

7. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Japan would be wonderful to travel to. I always wanted to go to the north part of Japan. It is so beautiful with lots of mountains and small villages. I am not a big city type but would want to visit at least one while I was there. It would be sad to see the devestation from the earthquake and tsunami but I am sure it will be there for many years to come. I hope you get to go there someday. I am sure that you will find a way. It sounds like you are planning well in advance and that does help to have a good plan first. Do a lot of research on the internet for the places you want to visit. Then plan out your transportation, where to stay and places to eat. From that, you can get a good idea of what your total cost would be and make revisions if needed. If it is looking like it would be just too much money and you still want to go, look at programs to teach english or are helping with the clean up/rebuilding efforts. This way you could work and live there for a year or more and see everything you wanted to see and then some. Good luck!

8. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    I would love to go to Japan one day but $1,000 in not in my range as of now. I always wanted to travel but never really had the money to do so. But Japan is on my list of places to travel before I die lol.

9. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Ja'cobeC! I wish you visit Japan as soon as possible. It is very beautiful country. There are numerous tourist attractions. I visited it last year with my friends after boston new york washington tour. There we went to Miyajima, Heroshima Peace Memorial Museum, Matsumoto Castle, Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium, Fushimi Inari Shrine and Kenrokeun Garden. The all places were stunning and magnificent. We spent a memorable time there.