Going To The Extreme?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Sep 11, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No it's not about extreme cheapskates but this may sound like something which applies only to them:

How often do you wash your clothes? Hygienists will say, your clothes should be worn just once and washed. But supposing you wear clothes for just a few hours and they are still [by all looks] clean should wash those clothes?

Do you wash your clothes less often to save money?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When the weather is cold and I did not sweat at all, then I still hang them but outside of my cabinet already after I have worn them. Actually everyone in this house does that, so I guess it's pretty normal to not wash your clothes after you have worn them the first time and you did not sweat and the clothes do not smell. I'm talking about outside clothes, by the way, not house clothes which you tend to wear inside your house.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    It depends which side of the planet I'm living on. If I am living in a Westernized environment with very few insects, then I will probably re-hang my clothes. If I am living in a third world country where I risk having a flea attached to my clothing and therefore spreading all throughout my closet, I will immediately put my clothes in the wash. I do see a difference in the ware and tear of the clothes though. So I have certain clothes I wear weekly under this scenario that can handle being washed to death. Then I have dressier clothes I will only wear for special occasions so that I wash them a limited number of times. Even for my house clothes, I tend to wear them and then hang them up on the back of my closet door - but do not put them back in the closet for fear they will 'contaminate' the others.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I often wear my clothes for two or three days, ventilating them in between. Naturally, when it is hot, I change them more often. But to be honest, I don't like to overdo it with the washing powder, not just for money's sake, but also because I can't stand the smell of fresh laundry detergent around me all the time.

5. Frogurt

FrogurtMember

Threads:
    To be truthful, it depends. In hotter months, I wash things more often. I will wear jeans more than a few times. I will wear pjs more than a few times. But if I am sweating a lot than in the wash they go. Bed sheets are the same, so if it is hot I will wash them more often than when it is cold. Washing everything that touches you everyday would cost a fortune in time and washing water/soaps/etc.

6. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    If I didn't really got out of the house or if I didn't really sweat on it I tend to leave it. But for the most part I just wash it every time I shed it out.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear clothes twice before I wash them. My apartment building has a coin operated washer and dryer. It would get pretty expensive to constantly be feeding quarters into the washing machine, so I have to get at least one extra wear out of my clothes before I wash them. Fortunately I do part of my work at home, so I don't have to be dressed up all the time.

8. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    With the exception of my jeans I wash all of my clothes after one wear. I do this so that any pollution or dirt that gets on my clothes--even if it is so small that I cannot see it--is washed off. My rationale is that by keeping my clothes perfectly clean I am prolonging the life of them. I do wait until I have a full load of laundry prior to washing and I always follow the directions for clothing care so I don't damage my clothes.