Gold vs. Silver Jewelry

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by themotleyshopper • Apr 9, 2013.

1. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I don't really wear much jewelry except for my watch. Occasionally, I will wear a pair of earrings and a ring. I go for white gold than the yellow gold, but I prefer gold than silver.

2. adamowens

adamowensNew Member

Threads:
    Although gold and silver both creates a beautiful jewelry piece, however, personally I prefer silver because not only they are indistinguishable from gold but also very reasonable too. I recently gifted sterling silver earrings to my wife, and they really look amazing on her face.

#22Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Can definitely agree with you, while gold is more precious, i think i have a inclination for Silver, mostly because of how it resembles how the moon shines.

4. 10theMCEE

10theMCEENew Member

Threads:
    I have seen many people prefer silver because of the color. Just like what some have mentioned, they say it goes better with clothing. But if we will ask the fashion gurus and the jewelry experts, it is really the skin tone that they say should be considered. Yellow gold is best worn by fair- and olive-skinned individuals but silver as well as white gold would look better for fair-skinned ones.

5. Lorigh

LorighNew Member

Threads:
    I am allergic to yellow gold. It breaks me out in hives. I adore silver and white gold. It looks better on me too. :)

6. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I personally like Silver better than Gold. I like silver over gold because I believe Silver is more durable than Gold is. For most people I would recommend buying Silver products over Gold products any day. You always want to purchase the more durable between the two.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never wear gold at all I don't know why I guess it's just not my style. But I love silver all my jewelry is silver I won't wear anything else but silver. I have sisters that sometimes will wear gold or silver something both at the same time. But I can't do gold I rather stick to my silver :)

8. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    I never really had a preference growing up, then in high school and college, I seemed to prefer more silver tones. However, when my now-husband proposed, he showed up with a gold ring! I had an in-depth discussion with my very sophisticated mentor, and she swore up and down that gold was a better metal tone for blondes, and silver was more suited to brunettes. My then-fiance told me I could take the ring back and get it in white gold if I wanted to, but he chose gold for me originally, so I stuck with it! Six years later, I've slowly collected more golden jewelry, and I agree with my mentor: gold is for blondes! As far as general population goes, I'd believe what I see in stores: more people are wearing silver tones these days. But we'll see if gold makes a comeback soon!

9. olive

oliveNew Member

Threads:
    sliver is more beautiful i think.

and gold is suitable for moms.:p

10. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer silver jewelry and accessories. I don't really have a reason why. I just like it more. My eyes are more drawn to it I guess. For my 15th or 20th anniversary, I would love my husband to swap my gold wedding ring for a silver or white gold ring. I am sure a good jeweler could take the stones out of my gold ring and put them into a new silver ring. I would love that!

11. coco85

coco85New Member

Threads:
    I totally love silver and prefer it to gold any day! I think silver goes well with anything you wear. Gold on the other hand is too bright for my liking. Of course gold is more valuable and that's probably why it never goes out of fashion. But I personally would prefer wearing white gold jewelry for an every day basis. Yellow gold is only for weddings :p

12. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    This sounds similar to my home situation as well; my mom likes gold and I like silver. A majority of what I own and wear is indeed silver, whereas my mom's is gold. I do own some gold, but I only wear it when I'm going to a family function because everyone wears gold there. I don't know exactly why I like silver, but I'm guessing it’s because it can be very shiny and I really like shiny/glittery things.

13. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't own any gold or silver, I'm not a jewellery man personally. I think gold is quite outdated nowadays, people seem to prefer silver. If I was going to buy a piece of jewellery I would buy a simple piece like a gold ring. I'm not sure about silver for men, it seems quite camp and feminine to me. I would opt for gold if I had to choose.

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I grew up finding gold tacky, but I have no idea why. I just won't wear it. It compliments my skin tone nicely, but I will always chose silver over gold.

15. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    I'm not sure why but I think I just look better with silver jewelry, so that's what I wear typically. Maybe it's because I'm pale? :eek:

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer silver as well, just because it seems less flashy to me, while still being valuable. As an investment, I'd think that gold might be better, but even in this case, silver isn't too bad an investment either.

17. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to only use silver jewelry. I didn't have one single piece in gold. However a couple of years ago I got the prettiest gold watch, and as I don't like mixing gold and silver I started to buy only gold jewelry. I noticed gold looks better with my skintone and hair color, so I started to only use gold stuff (and now rose gold as well, which I love)!

18. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I love both types of jewellery: gold and silver. When I was younger I wore only silver. I still wear silver necklaces, bracelets and rings but I choose golden ones for special occasions. It also depends what clothing I wear in a particular day. Sometimes jewellery doesn't match at all.

19. Mike U

Mike UNew Member

Threads:
    Hello there, both silver and gold have their own importance. My favorite one is silver as i think silver makes your look more decent and different from others.

20. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I have always preferred silver. I do have gold jewellery and regularly wear them but I also wear silver regularly.

Gold I buy just cause of its monetary value and that it is an asset to have. Silver I believe is trendy.