Good Anti-virus Deal!

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by radzi • Apr 24, 2015.

1. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    Avast, which is a good antivirus company, and it has taken the top of the list in the last couple of years. It is a very powerful light antivirus on the Microsoft Windows systems. They have such a good bargain on their website and it's a free 60 days trial for the full product "Avast Premier" which is their best product and it contains all you would need for security. What you would need is a verified Paypal account or basically verify your card for a subscription because they normally expect people to continue with the auto-renewal system and pay when the 60 days are over, but they also give you the option to cancel the subscription and auto-renewal and you can have the free 60 days license for free without any problems. It's good that they have such an offer, you can look more into it by going to their website.

The link:

Enjoy and I hope you have a nice day!

2. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    @radzi@radzi: Thanks for the information. My KIS is fast expiring and I need to buy a new license. Meanwhile, I just want to assess a few of the other programs that are available. My experience with Avast free version was not a positive one. Does the premier version provide a complete peace of mind. Have you evaluated it yet? what are your experiences?

3. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried KIS, and I also have tried Avast and I know that Avast free is not even near Premier. Premier is considered the full product with full computer security lacking nothing at all. If anything, it's even better than KIS, give it a shot, you can also look up how it took number one recently on the market.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why pay for an anti-virus when there are lots of free good ones? IMHO, no matter what commercial anti-virus might offer, you can get the same from any of the many free anti-virus software. While that certainly does sound like a great deal, the better deal IMHO would be to find something which as good but costs $0.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    But they will always include a special feature that isn't included in the free anti-virus version, right? So I guess we free anti-virus users only get the basic protection. They do the job good enough for me though.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What if those special are nothing more but a marketing gimmick to scare people into paying for premium protection? I use a "Deep Freeze" like software for my computer protection and it works much better than all anti-viruses. Would I recommend that anyone pays for premium protection when they can get something better for free? No.

7. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    If you're working with Windows, you certainly need an antivirus, now the question is if it's free is it good enough? I would have to check this "Deep Freeze" you're talking about, but generally speaking, you're right in terms of them scaring people into their product as if they need it, but hey, I got it for 60 days, for free.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    It does sound like a great promotion so thanks for sharing. I personally think I'll stick with the one I have now though which is a completely free version of avg. I find it to be sufficient and I don't really like dabbling with subscriptions on Paypal because I know myself well enough to know that I'll probably mess that up someday somehow.

9. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I guess it's such a good thing to not trust yourself sometimes, but it's just as simple as one click. I also would say that any antivirus free version would be good enough if you don't mess up a lot with your computer in terms of downloads. I personally do a lot of experiments with downloading applications just to test it out because of my curiosity and gaining experience, I have come across a lot of viruses in my life, which given me the knowledge to deal with it and be careful, or perhaps know what is suspicious or not based on mere examination of the application. A good anti virus wouldn't hurt those who are like me.

10. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    I never had the need to buy for an anti-virus or get the premium versions because there are plenty of free offers around, but in this case what scares me away is the fact that I need to verify a PayPal account. Why would I have to do that because of a trial?

11. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    Because that means you would have a credit card attached to it, so that they are assured that you could be potentially one of those people who will forget to cancel subscription or actually buy the product in the end. I cancelled the subscription anyway, but you're making me a bit paranoid lol.

12. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    I always suspect when a company asks for my credit card details and at the same time says they are not going to use them. I mean, if they are not going to use them why do they want them in the first place. I don't think it's paranoia, it's simply very suspicious.

13. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I mean, they called me on my phone and were like we have your order, you can only pay by giving us the credit card information through phone. I thought what the heck? Why is it like that, that I would have to give them my credit card information over the phone. What if it's a hacker faking the number? How would that give any assurance to people?

14. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    Now that is looking even worse, how did they had your details to be calling you on the phone? I am not giving out my personal details ever and I am not getting anti-virus over the phone! :eek:

15. o'wale

o'waleNew Member

Threads:
    i think all the features of avast is the best,most especially their anti-virus software...

16. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What's the difference with Avast Premier and the free version? I've already installed the free version in my laptop and so far so good. I don't see any reason to upgrade to premier yet. I mean, if you're careful with the types of sites you visit and make it a point to use incognito or proxy servers, then your cautiousness would help cut back if not ward off the possibility of contracting viruses.

17. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    That is a good question xTinx, to be honest I don't even know! That is why I never upgrade, I'm usually happy with the free versions and I really see no reason to pay as I feel safe as I am. I'm sure there are additional features, but who needs them?

18. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    The difference between Avast Premier is that it has a better firewall and more advanced detecting systems, it has more detecting features, better firewall, better antivirus and better anti spyware. I think it is worth it if you can get the trial version, but it is not necessary at all if you're smart and use common sense while using your computer.

19. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    I know, I know, I read their page too, but at the same time for the common user does it really make a difference to have a better firewall? Most people doesn't even understand what a firewall does!

20. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of Avast. I think if you have tried it and are promoting it, it must be a good software. However, I think I will stick to my PC Matic as seen on TV. I like them because of the lifetime license. It was only $150 and I never have to pay again. I can even put up to five computers on the license. I like it seems to be working great for me.