Good Bollywood Movies

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Aug 11, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been watching a lot of movies lately and I think I need a break from American/ English ones so I thought I'd give Indian movies a shot. I'm totally clueless when it comes to these as I've never seen even one, but I'm willing to check out any of your recommendations whether it is high or low budget, new or old. Thanks in advance!

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you don't mind hearing a lot of singing and dancing then Bollywood movies would be great to watch. I've only seen two or three Bollywood movies. One of them was a drama and I'd say it was an average movie but for action movies then you won't get much.

One movie I'd recommend is Three Idiots. My brother who isn't a fan of foreign films saw it once and tried to get me to watch it. Here's some positive stuff :)

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can only suggest the one I saw, but Saawariya was a good one. Good musical numbers, lovely visuals, an attractive cast, and a nice story about a man earning the love of the woman whom he fell in love with at first sight. It was a really good Bollywood movie.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sure a lot of people have recommended The Three Idiots. I also recommend it since it's one of the most life-changing movies I've ever seen and Amir Khan's portrayal of Rancho was just amazing. Ghajini's also a good movie. Just go for all movies top-billed by Amir Khan. His acting is just superb and his movie never fails to warm you. I also watched this Romeo-and-Juliet themed Bollywood movie a long time ago and I strongly recommend it. It's called Devdas, starred by Sharukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai (former Miss Universe). The movie's beautiful but really tragic. Prepare a box full of tissues. :)

5. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    There is this one English movie. I am not sure if you consider this a Bollywood movie or not. It is called Slumdog Millionaire. It is pretty much based on an Indian version of "Who wants to be a Millionaire"

6. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not exactly a fan of Bollywood Movies but I've seen some of them like Slumdog Millionaire and Three Idiots. These movies are pretty impressive and just really good. I'm sure there are others out there too but these two movies are the best bollywood films I've seen so far.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I keep hearing about how good Slumdog Millionaire is. I never saw it, so I can't vouch for it. I do think that song from it, Jai Ho, is nice. I do think I might finally check it out. Just to see why people liked it so much.

8. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't watched a lot of Bollywood films, but one movie that has stuck with me is Ghajini. It's a mix of romance, comedy and action. It's a pretty lengthy film, but every scene is enjoyable. And the leading lady is very pretty!

9. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I may give some Bollywood movies a try myself because like you American movies are getting more and more lame. I heard how good Slumdog Millionaire was but tried to watch it and I couldn't get passed the first few scenes. It seemed a bit dark and heavy, I just wasn't getting it. But may try and watch it again.

10. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Slumdog Millionaire is a not Bollywood movie its a British movie directed by Danny Boyle. It's a film four production. Hum Tum is a brilliant film starring Karan kapoor and Rhea Prakash they meet on a flight from Delhi to New York and can't stand each other its hilarious. Also Khabi Khusi Khabi Gham (sometimes happiness, sometimes sadness) is fantastic. Shahrukh Khan stars.

11. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    Being an Indian, I have watched Bollywood movies from my childhood. Most of them have lots of drama in it which includes the singing and dancing as well. The movies that I have liked the most is lagaan, three idiots and ghajni. Most of the amir khan movies are the best to watch and enjoy.

12. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I also thought that Slumdog Millionaire is a Bollywood movie too. But anyway aside from Slumdog Millionaire, my other favorite Indian movie is Three Idiots. I find it very funny and interesting at the same time. I don't know much about Bollywood movies except for these two movies that I mentioned. Though I'm really interested to seeing more like this "Hum Tum" that you're talking about, I think I'm going to check it out. :D

13. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Not to my knowledge but I could be wrong. I have noticed that there have that the Three Idiots has been recommended quite a lot. I haven't seen it so I am going to give it a go. It sounds funny anyway, what is about and are there subtitles? I love Hum Tum you should definitely give it a watch and let me know if you enjoy it.