Good brush, cheap mascara

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Mafdet • Mar 16, 2014.

1. Mafdet

MafdetMember

Threads:
    A good way of saving money on mascara is to keep your favorite brush when the mascara that it came with is gone and use the brush with a cheaper mascara. Has any of you tried this method? Indeed the quality of the mascara counts as well, but I find that it's the brush that does most of the job so I try to keep the brushes that work best. Most of the times, the mascara tubes have more or less the same dimensions. I try not to buy very small ones, so that I can make sure the old brush will fit in and not break or bend.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a good idea, but not all cheap mascaras have good product when it comes to the actual ink you put on the brush. For me for example, I never use Wet n Wild mascaras not because of the brush, but because the black ink smudges and flakes on my eyes. In that case the brush wouldn't matter, because even if I use a Dior mascara brush that will happen. So I do think it could work as, say using They're Real mascara brush with a Maybelline mascara (because maybelline has great mascaras that don't smudge), but careful not to choose a product that is too low quality!

3. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I think this is an okay idea in theory, but only works if people are switching from an expensive high-end mascara like Dior to a mascara like Maybelline. I always buy either Maybelline or Rimmel mascara, so I'm not going to go any cheaper than that. It's good mascara for a good price, so I don't really need to save any money there.