Good deal on iPads?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Andrea4 • May 18, 2012.

1. Andrea4

Andrea4Member

Threads:
    I was wondering if anyone has seen any good deals on iPads recently? I'm in the market and was hoping someone might have the inside track on where I can find a great deal. I appreciate any info you might have!

2. chigger

chiggerNew Member

Threads:
    If you want an absolutely great deal check sites such as eBay and Amazon. People undercut prices to sell the product sometimes. Often times you can get a gently used item for much cheaper than a new one, and in the end you're just as happy. Amazon is my first suggestion as there's less hoops to jump through, but I'm also a huge fan of eBay. Shopping.com may also be an option.

3. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I get a weekly email about some good deals on electronic gadgets such as Ipad on eBay. I think they have some very good deals on it. I suppose you are not a member of eBay so why don't you go check it out. Amazon could also be a good choice. Just go through these two sites.

4. Shaggz235

Shaggz235Member

Threads:
    The only thing I could thing of that hasn't been mentioned is if you know someone who works there. They get reduced prices a number of times throughout the year. You might be able to save that way. Good luck with your ipad goals in 2012

5. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Funny you should make this thread, I was actually helping my AP World teacher look for iPads today! He thought of the option of just buying a refurbished iPad 2 from the Apple Store website for only 320-ish. Then I suggested going to eBay and we found one that looked brand new for only 250, but he opted out on it. Guess he doesn't like eBay. Afterwards, we checked our local Craigslist and found several deals for a used iPad 2 in the 200-280 range in LA. The only tip I can give is to avoid the deals that are located in the less than than kind neighborhoods like Compton. In fact my teacher even said "There's no way, I'm driving to Compton for a cheap iPad! I don't wanna be shot when I get out of my car!" Though we didn't check Amazon since we ran out of time.

6. ValerieAnne

ValerieAnneMember

Threads:
    Have you tried BestBuy? I know it's not the place most people would look for an iPad, but with so many stores closing down, they may have some available. They also have free shipping on everything online if you don't have a store close/don't want to go to the store.

7. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Are you a student or do you know any students? If so then you can get a student discount from the apple store. I once had my sister buy a macbook pro for me and she got 5% off with her student ID.

8. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it's not an iPad, but my husband bought me an android tablet from walmart.com for $150. I'd have to say that's a pretty good deal.

9. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I'm not up to date with any iPad deals but you should look for active auctions on eBay, I'm sure there are plenty! Make sure to have a look at the shipping price too so that you don't get fooled like I have in the past :p

10. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Generally you aren't going to find any 'deals' on new ipads because apple doesn't allow discounting. Sometimes stores will offer an ipad with lke a $50 itunes card (which is sort of like 50 off) But you can check around on the internet for used ones, refurbished ones or overstocks of previous generations.