Good Gaming Mouses?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Trex78 • Oct 19, 2014.

1. Trex78

Trex78Member

Threads:
    Something about my current computer setup is amiss, judging by the pain I experience in my mouse-arm, all the way up to the elbow sometimes. And it is specifically the mouse that is causing me problems, not the keyboard.

But I remember in my teens, though, when I was more into video games, that I could spend all day, everyday clicking away at world of warcraft or call of duty, and I never had any problems back then. I might get into gaming again one of these days, but I know that my ergonomic, cheapo vertical mouse from eBay probably wouldn't do the trick.

What are some good mouses for videogames, considering bang for your buck as well (meaning that I'm probably never going to be so into it that I want to drop $100 for a mouse). Are there any good vertical mouses for gaming? Which is preferred?

2. crazyman1090

crazyman1090Member

Threads:
    A good mouse for video games is the Razer DeathAdder. With Holiday shopping season and Cyber Monday coming up, you can probably get one for around $40-45. It feels good in your hand, works pretty well, and doesn't break down easily. Also, it comes with two extra buttons on the side that you can assign whatever you want. If you're looking for something cheaper, maybe look at some of the Logitech mice such as the G100s.

3. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I'm kind of like you in that I don't play a whole lot anymore. I use the Logitech G502. I think it's around 80 bucks but I bought it when there was a discount on Amazon. I'm loving it. I thought about buying something from Razer at first but decided it was too pricey. Logitech has a lot of options under 100.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Two of the most used gaming mice are probably Razer and Steelseries. Both of them offer excellent performance, however, their prices may be fairly high, especially for higher end models.

Personally I would recommend Steelseries mice over Razer mice, although they might be slightly more expensive. Aside from a better look and feel, and more wireless mouse options, Steelseries mice sometimes come bundled with ingame perks. An example was a redemption code for "Kantusa the Script Sword" in DOTA 2, which could be sold for 50 dollars or more, essentially saving you half the retail price off the mouse.