Good movies from past years?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by illusion • Oct 29, 2013.

1. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    I dont know how far back we're going, but almost all of Johnny Depps movies before the pirates of the carribean series were good.

My favorites are Blow, Donnie Brasco, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, and Whats Eating Gilbert Grape. After the pirates series it seems like hes only capable of that same role. The keith Richard-esque, weird personality who walks funny and does weird things with his hands while he walks.

2. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Field of Dreams and Dirty Dancing have to be my favourite movies of all time :)

3. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I like Clint Eastwood's westerns when I am in the mood for a good western to watch. My favorite is Hang Em High. I loved that movie and I like to watch it whenever it comes on tv. I also watch a lot of his others as well. My mom like Pale Rider the best.

4. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    My favourite movie from the past has got to be coming to America. It was done really well and i think that the story was really intriguing and it was something that i really loved and enjoyed watching. It had a bit of everything to it and it seemed as though it was an all in one production for everyone.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Before the dawn of CGI, great movies were story-oriented. These movies [because of their great stories] stand out:

Casablanca.
    The Usual Suspects.
    The Sting.

I can watch those three movies over and over and never get bored.

6. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I have to confess that movies that have come out lately have not be that great... the same ol' blow em up or exorcist type movies are getting really old. Monster was a good movie and Charlzie Theron really earned her Oscar or was it an Oscar nomination? The talented Mr. Ripley was so well acted by Matt Damon as the eventual third wheel to Jude Law and Gwenwth Palthrow.

#26Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  7. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    I like Casa Blanca, it has a lot of charm and is a very sophisticated movie.

8. freemind_76

freemind_76Member

Threads:
    I recommend Mansfield Park. It's a romance movie involving a girl who fell in love with her distant cousin. Talk about extreme likes in movies. I'm also a zombie movie fan so I recommend the old Night of the Living Dead by George Romero. Now, this is one zombie movie wherein the walkers just walk! And they don't run like a pro and join with other walkers and eventually look like a tsunami of zombies!