good natural oils/ butters for skin

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by iNg • Nov 10, 2012.

1. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    I know of Coconut oil, jojoba oil, Shea butter and tea tree oil. Fill me in on any other good ones and share your experience with it please. Thanks!

2. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I love jojoba and tea tree oils. They work great for me and I wouldn't use any other oils for this reason. I love the way they smell and they feel great after they are on. I use them on my stretch marks and have really noticed a difference. I used to use shea butter. While it smelled good, I just did not notice any results with it. What do you plan on using the oils for?

3. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    Cocoa butter is great! I use a lot Palmer's cocoa butter products including oils, lotions, and creams and my skin has never been softer. My favorite is the oil, which I apply after my shower. It lasts all day, without having to re-apply like some other lotions I have used before. I recommend this to everyone, especially during the dry winter months.

4. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    Keeping acne away / healthy skin in general

5. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    A good butter is shea aloe butter. It is shea butter whipped together with aloe. It is very moisturizing and inexpensive.

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I use vitamin E oil for my body. I love jojoba oil too. Tea tree oil is another I use on my face when I have pimples or any signs of acne on my face.

7. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Hi!!! There's argan oil. If you can't find this at your local organic food store, you'll probably be able to find it at an asian/indian grocery store. I've read that this oil works great for hair and skin. I first heard about it on a long hair forum. It's considered a miracle oil for hair.

Grapeseed is another oil. This one I've tried and it's great. Not too oily, but oily enough. It's light and perfect for massages.

I've also used olive oil. I love it because it's a 3 in 1 solution. I can cook with it, use it on my skin, and use it in my hair. It's a great moisturizer but it works best on skin that is not suffering from dryness. Its oiliness fades fast. I've also mixed it with sugar and used it as a natural body scrub. I've used canola and safflower oils in this 3 in 1 method too. All 3 of these cooking oils are great for the skin.

There's also macademia nut, coconut, emu, and sweet almond oil. If you have nut allergies, you may want to stay away from the nut oils.

8. naturalskincarer

naturalskincarerNew Member

Threads:
    Yes your right Coconut oil,Olive oil,Carrot seed oil,Apricot Kernel Oil,Cocoa btter,Honey, Organ oil,also good for skin.

9. bargainbabe

bargainbabeActive Member

Threads:
    Jojoba oil is an excellent natural oil for the skin and hair. You can use this oil on hair the night before and then shower it out in the morning. I would recommend that whatever you do, make sure the oil you purchase is 100 percent natural or orgainc. You don't want to get refined oils with other ingredients. 100 percent oils may be more expensive, but it's worth it because they are pure without all the chemicals. I'd wager they work a lot better, too.

10. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Only tried tea tree oil on my skin. It is good for cleaning.

11. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Olive oil is another good one for skin. If you're used to using jojoba oil, though, you may find it too thick.

12. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Argan oil is very good for moisturising the skin. I had a dry scalp problem and argan oil improved it significantly within a few days. Argan oil is expensive, especially if it's organic, but you only need a small amount.

13. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I think that tea tree oil is the best one because I haven't heard anyone who has had any bad luck with it. Most people use it as a moisturizer or they mix it in. The way most people use tea tree oil is they put a little bit on acne marks or acne scars.

14. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Tea tree oil is very good, but I wouldn't use it all over my skin without some kind of carrier oil. I'd have to mix a few drops into some coconut or olive oil.