Goodreads Poetry

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by H.C. Heartland • Apr 26, 2016.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Do you like to write or read poetry and discuss it online in a bookclub like setting? Then you ,ight enjoy to join Goodreads website which hosts a variety of different genres for ones writing needs: I personally really like the Poetry group. Every month they put on a contest and those in the group vote on the best poem and discuss why. It is also a free way to publish your work and create an author page which can be used to advertise your work and also be put on resumes:

2. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Good to know. I just downloaded he goodread app and I'm not sure if that's also available on the app, i haven't familiarized it yet.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't personally read a lot of poetry, but I do have a few friends who love it and are actually poets themselves. So this would be a good one to pass onto them, because I know they'd LOVE it. So thanks for sharing, @H. C Hartland. The funny thing is, when I sit and watch it being recited, poetry can have the oddest effect in me. If it's particularly emotive, I've found myself in floods of tears and I break out with goose bumps. I mean, it's not as if I'm crazy about it, so I don't get why I get so emotional over it. Very strange.