Goodwill

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by xcmiller93x • May 12, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    Have any of you shopped at Goodwill for clothes? I've heard it was pretty cheap, and I've thought about shopping there. I've never gone there though.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yep, I have. They're definitely cheaper than buying clothes brand new, that's for sure. They tend to be a little more expensive than other resale shops, though, so it's worth shopping around. I stop in every so often to see if anything jumps out at me or if I'm looking for a specific piece for an event, I'll check there before buying something brand new.

3. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    We have a goodwill next to my house and I go there all the time. I rarely buy anything other than sports apparel that would be extremely expensive if I bought retail. I'm not sure about your stores but my Goodwill doesn't just stick to clothing. I bought a few slightly used board games from them as well.

4. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I've been there, but I have never bought anything. Most of the things I find are not my size or look like something my grandmother would wear. The only thing I really ever considered buying there was a sofa when I moved into my last house, but it was $200 (it looked used, too), and I kept thinking I could get a cheaper one at a garage sale.

5. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    My family used to take us there sometimes. It's kind of depressing, but the prices are dirt cheap. You can get a decent pair of jeans for like $2. Sometimes you can find new stuff there for really cheap prices.

6. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    That store is amazing with prices! It is only practical to shop there if you want some designer items. I still cannot believe how I bought a designer bag there for 7 bucks! And if you're really keen and patient, you can even find those with tags on them!

7. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I have and do shop at Goodwill shops. They have a lot of gear for cheap ranging from games to clothes to furniture and tools. I have gotten alot of things there that would have set me back big time at other stores. I have gotten out of practice going there, but that's because for a while it was trendy for all the college kinder to get their stuff out of thrift shops and whatever. I might start going there more often now.

8. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    I would say 99% of their clothes are in great to good shape, they even have clothes with tags on them still.The prices are awesomely cheap, and yes most of them do have name brand clothes, you just need to wash the clothes before you wear them.

9. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    If this Goodwill is some kind of charity shop, which it sounds like it is to me, then no, I've never shopped at charity shops. I don't like the fact that people would have worn those clothes before I get to wear them... That's just not very nice nor very hygienic if you ask me.

10. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I've been to our local Goodwill a few times, but always come out empty handed. Maybe it is just my location, but the thrift stores around here don't really have a good selection of things. Most items look like they were leftovers from someone's garage sale back in 1986, lol! I've had better luck at the Salvation Army when it comes to clothes, but their prices are high. I can get brand new clothes off the clearance rack at departments stores for the same price! As for the Goodwill, our town had two, one on the east side of town and one on the west side. They closed the one on the east side, the one I patronized, but I'll have to check out the one on the west side to see if it is any better. You really have to go frequently and then maybe you will find a good deal.

11. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    We have a Goodwill store close by and it is really nice because you can find really good clothes and shoes or even other household items. Some of it is expensive but definitely worth it.