Google Chrome Is Not Working- Please Help

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by harijobs • Jul 12, 2017.

1. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Hello all,
    It's been a week since Chrome crashed and I am unable to install it. Even though I could download the application and install it when I open it just shows a blank white page with no icons. Then it automatically closes itself. I have scanned my laptop a number of times but everything seems to be normal. Is there any way to regain chrome again. Even though now I am using Firefox and it is good, I miss chrome since I have been using chrome for years and suddenly switching over to Firefox is a bit difficult.

2. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    @harijobs@harijobs Have you tried to open all file location where the Chrome application was installed and deleted everything? I think the new version you downloaded displayed a 'blank white page' on running since it found a root-previous version of chrome, or the download wasn't an update Or it was from an unsupported link/site/corrupted file.

#2Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2017
  3. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    Me too.. It's safe/secure and fast. I also use the new Opera mini browser. It's fly in surfing too.
    @harijobs@harijobs if the issues persists, you should try Opera!

4. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you very much @DavidLee@DavidLee for the suggestions. I will try to delete all the files related to the chrome application and reinstall and see if it works or not. If it doesn't then I will go for Opera. Thanks again my friend. :)

5. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    This also happened to me and until this day I haven't been able to fix it. I also use firefox for its replacement but I still want chrome back as I have Google accounts and I saved all my links on my android phone that would also pass on to my pc in Chrome. I have tried many things but not the searching and erasing all the data yet so that's what I will do as soon as a get a new charger.

6. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    Hi @harijobs@harijobs -hope you were sorted out. Welcome pal.
    @kamai@kamai I'm certain that you'll be set as well. If you guys find it complicated or issues on this, just keep us posted. '' dontpayfull'' that's what friends are for! ;):)

7. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I have just now downloaded Opera and it is faster than Firefox and cool. Did a little research on it and found that Opera is built by Chromium the older version of Google Chrome and I have seen some reviews which also said that it is also a good alternative for Chrome and I really like the speed. Thank you, friends, for all your suggestions.