Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by 003 • May 22, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    What do you use the Google Chrome, the Mozilla Firefox or the Internet Explorer?

I use the first two, but never the Internet Explorer. Before I used to use it, but when Mozilla came, I switched to it, and when I found Google Chrome I again switched. Since then, I've been using Google Chrome. It's the fastest and the simplest to use. I like its interface, not confusing unlike that of Mozilla and Internet Explorer.

2. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I used chrome for a long time but switched to Firefox recently. I just don't like how Google forces some of their services on you so I deleted my gmail account and switched. I still think Chrome was slightly nicer. There were minor flash issues I've had with Firefox and Chrome seems to have more plugins but I'm sure Firefox is better in some other ways. Internet Explorer has always been annoying to use. :D I don't understand why they can't get it on par with other browsers.

3. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Poor Internet Explorer, I see that everyone ignores it. And with good reason!

Me, I'm a FireFox user. It has a lot of handy, easily accessible features that I use for my work. Chrome I tried, but even if it's a good browser, I don't like the design. I know, silly reason for not using something, but when something is free - I get to choose :eek:

Attached Files:

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    First, my machine isn't that fast and I don't need a fast one because all I use it for is light weight net-surfing. So unlike you guys I don't have much choice in choosing browsers.

When Firefox was not too bloated, I used it but when they released the new versions which hogged all my system resources I had to find something better. I tried Chrome first but it proved to be worse than Firefox. Between launching and actually having the browser window open took about ten minutes so I got rid of it on the same day I installed it.

Right now, I use a light -weight browser which though not so good, is faster than Firefox and Chrome combined and the quality of the image it renders far exceeds every other browser.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are too many reasons that I use Firefox as my main browser. First of all, there is of course the fact that Chrome has given me nasty viruses in the past. I also find the interface slightly confusing. Before, I couldn't even get the hang of the favorites. Also it is a minor thing but I love the different skins that Firefox has. Chrome may be faster but Firefox fits just fine and I feel like Chrome takes up more resources. Finally, again the fact that Google integrates their services together annoys me.
    I don't think anyone actually prefers Internet Explorer. It's just a browser that comes with every machine.

6. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I have both Chrome and Firefox. I like them both. I used to have to have two because of online work. Tho I don't have that work anymore, I kept both as they both have bookmarks with them.

7. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    No one seems to like Internet Explorer it seems, lol. I prefer Firefox myself because I've been using it the most. I like Firefox because it's got the add-ons and plugins that I need in a browser. I'd go with Chrome too since it's faster when surfing but for some reason, it starts up really slow for me so I ditched it. I don't use Chrome and IE but I still have them installed just in case I need to use them one day.

8. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been a FireFox fan for a number of years now, but I tried Google Chrome for the first time recently and I liked it so much that when I get my new laptop at the end of the month this will be the first thing I install, goodbye FireFox and your memory hogging ways. :)

9. Chicken

ChickenNew Member

Threads:
    I feel like overall that Firefox is best. Google Chrome probably looks the best though, when it comes to interface. IE is kind of a lost creature. It pretty much pioneered the internet but has been defeated by faster and smoother rides.

10. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I never liked Google Chrome because if you're signed in with your google account google records your history I heard. That's pretty annoying. I used to be a fan of Internet Explorer, but I find it to be a little slow so I'm loving Mozilla Firefox. I love using this browser and I don't think that I'd be switching. I'm using a Mac so we also have the Safari option, I don't like using this one either. >.<'

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer Firefox. I have been using it for years. I love the plug-ins. It's not as reliable as it used to be. I have used Google Chrome, but I just consider it to be a piece of spyware. I have never used Internet Explorer. I tried when I first got my computer years ago. It crashed so much that I went looking for an alternative. And I never went back.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also now use Google Chrome, but when Internet Explorer was the only available browser, that's the one that I used to use. I have also used Netscape too. I have tried using Mozilla, but I prefer Chrome because it's more faster.

13. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Google Chrome is the easy choice for me. The interface is by far my favorite and I like the security options more than the other browsers. Also, it's a faster on my PC than the other browsers. Just no reason for me to mess around with any other browser.

14. SpaceGuy

SpaceGuyNew Member

Threads:
    I like to use Google Chrome because it links with your Gmail account and allows you to store you contacts, bookmarks, and many more on their cloud software. This means if you were to log into your Gmail account on another computer you could easily access all the information as if you were at home. I also feel as if it is faster and has a cleaner look than other internet browsers.

15. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    I use chrome on my current pc. I used firefox for over 10 years but when I installed it on this comp I had weird slowdown so I immediately uninstalled it.

16. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I always used google chrome but since a few months I started using mozilla firefox and found it more faster and sleek. Since then, I use firefox most of the time and open chrome rarely.

17. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I am a fan of Firefox.

They recently re-stylized themselves to mimic Google Chrome. Their actions were understandable considering the speed and simplicity of use associated with Google Chrome. However, I like the add-ons better on Firefox, especially for copying videos. So, I mainly use it.

18. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    For some reason, Chromes asthetics bother me. No idea why, they just do. I've been a faithful Firefox user for years now, even though sometimes the browser can crap out on me. But, I think that's more the fault of my system then my browser. I don't think ANYONE uses Internet Explorer anymore, except to get a different browser. I just prefer Firefox more out of any other browser.

19. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to use IE all the time, however with my last laptop I had so many problems with IE, so I started using Google Chrome instead and never went back. I could never adapt to Firefox, only IE and Google Chrome. Something about Firefox just didn't connect with me, I don't like the layout I think. So between the 3, my pick is definitely Chrome.

20. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use firefox because they have tons of free extensions which you can install and virtually do anything from your browser. My favorite Firefox extensions is scribefire. With it I can write a blog post directly in my browser, quote any text I want to from any website and get it linked to properly, etc, etc. I heard that they created a similar extension for Chrome but since I use other extensions along with this one, I wouldn't want to use another browser.