Google Glasses

Discussion in Product Reviews started by jonthai • Jun 17, 2016.

1. jonthai

jonthaiMember

Threads:
    what do you think they are going to be like? Do you like the concept?

2. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I like the concept. But It, in a similar case to the drone, raises several legal issues in regards of personal privacy. Some people will not consent you are filming them or taking photos with the device, therefore They are not going to be very friendly towards others that are actually wearing the google glasses.

Outside the legal issues, I think is a neat device for cyclists, skyboarders, hikers, gonzo journalist,etc. Anyone that likes live action experience.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not interested in wearing one since I think I don't need it. I also wear eyeglasses already, so no need for a high tech pair. Plus I'm sure the price of that thing isn't friendly.

4. Norjak71

Norjak71Member

Threads:
    I love the concept but I wouldn't buy one just yet since its relatively new technology and there will probably be something better launching in the near future. I would hold off on this until the technology is fully functional at every degree; however, I am loving the progress they are making on this.

5. tckc

tckcNew Member

Threads:
    I agree with this person. Since it is so new, there are bound to be a lot of updates in the near future. The technology is cool, but not of enough interest to me for me to become an early adopter.

Also, I do not agree that there will really be too many legal issues. People can already easily be filmed without their knowledge. Extremely conspicuous glasses do not make it any easier to do that.

6. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, I don't even like the fact that google will create anything to try and see what works, they don't pick an industry and stick with it. They want to be everything to the people, and because they have so much money to spend, they just waste it on non-life essential pieces of trash designs like the google glasses.

Sure you may consider them cool if you do, but you wont use them like you would anything else that you find relevant enough to use to help you with your daily activities. Google glasses are just an expensive piece of trash.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    True. I doubt it would even be a hit with the masses, since smartphones can already do the same things that Google Glass can. I won't be surprised if the sales of that thing flops.