Google Keep

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by nonsiccus • Jan 6, 2015.

1. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't realize that this product existed until I got my Nexus 5 and saw that it was bundled by default. I had been using EverNote as a my note/task application and found it useful enough, but was somewhat frustrated by the lack of calendar and google app integration. Keep hits all of the points that I missed from EverNote while still maintaining the ease of use and functionality that I had become accustomed to.

It's not quite as full featured as EverNote, however combining Keep and Drive together allows for you to do all the same tasks while still being within the Google ecosystem, thus allowing full sync and availability across devices.

2. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely like using keep and drive together. The ease of use of the google apps and the integration make a big difference for me. I always had evernote on my phone but never used it much because it was sort of isolated if I used it. The extra features evernote has do not make up for not integrating better with the other things I use. Keep seems like it will be another win for google.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Google Keep fits in perfectly with all the other Google Apps, especially on Nexus devices. I'd recommend it to anyone, even those that like the more feature-rich Evernote. Sometimes, it's best to keep things simple, and the added integration is always useful, too. Keep can't do everything that the other apps can, but that's not really a problem for the average person. It's a relatively light app that has every feature you need to get by.

4. d4rk3n

d4rk3nNew Member

Threads:
    When I see an app, the first thing that I would want to have in is battery efficiency. There is no doubt that it does what its supposed to do. But I loved the fact that it was light on battery. Google apps integration was a great plus point too. The material UI upgrade helped me to maintain uniformity in designs of the apps I have.

5. RobertNick

RobertNickMember

Threads:
    I myself prefer the Evernote, it's way better featurewise, depending on what you use it for. It can also be combined with various extensions that add many features, includind integration with Google Drive. I use it to take notes in my classes and even as a dream Diary. Very useful.

6. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    Not having the capability to attach files is a big drawback for Keep. At least it is mitigated to an extent with an option to add photos. Cannot format much inside the note. The major advantage is it is light weight. I use both. I know that it will always be free. On the other hand, evernote has a priced premium offer so I am worried when some of the features that I am taking for granted today as a free offering will move to premium..

7. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for reminding me about this feature of Google. Now what I really want to do with a note is to make it sticky. I want to see it on my screen all the time. Is there anyway to do this with a Google note?

8. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    I think that you wanted to know if Google Keep can be made a sticky on the Mobile/Tablet and that is currently not possible. It is however possible with the PC by using the Google Keep extension. You should also explore "one note". It is free and better at syncing and organisation large amounts of data.

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been meaning to buy the latest Nexus since I'm currently stuck with one of the first models, Nexus S. I don't think Google Keep would be compatible with the old Nexus since there's limited memory and Google apps are usually so heavy. Rather than sticky notes, I use a simple app called ColorNote. I do use a Google Calendar app which syncs with my GMail and Google Plus profile. It's my substitute notepad.

10. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the heads up. I am already using Google Drive, so I suppose using Google Keep would keep everything in one place. Now I am going to find out more about the Google Keep extensions. I already use a very small sticky note utility called Stickies.

11. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have any experience with Google Keep yet since the only Android device that I own is an outdated Samsung Galaxy SII. However, it's nice to hear that Google is releasing applications that will eventually have the firepower to be competitive with Apple's application ecosystem. Competition will usually turn out great for customers since we'll have more choices to choose from, and lower prices eventually.

12. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    While it isn't available for other mobile platforms aside from Android, Google Keep is available for any internet-capable computer via its web application. You can reach it at keep.google.com using the same credentials that you would use for your Gmail account.

This holds the same for any mobile phone that is able to get on the web, as you can simply go to the website using your phone's browser instead of running a dedicated app.

13. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I think it is wonderful app and I also downloaded it quite recently. I believe it is totally awesome. I thing guidus is totally cool. I hope to use it for the long run.

14. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    Great to hear that you own a Nexus 5 too. I actually found out about Google Keep the same way as you and I'm happy about using this app, mainly because of its minimal design and I think all memo-type apps should be like Keep.

15. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard about this app until now. I'm sure going to give it a try as soon as I got back to my Android phone.

16. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds amazing! I downloaded Evernote a while ago but I really didn't like it. People are always saying it's great, but it didn't seem like anything special to me. Having the integration with Google makes all the difference for this Google keep, since you can literally put all of your tasks, calendar stuff, contacts, email and everything else directly with Google. I will definitely check this new app out.

17. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried Google Keep. I downloaded it to keep my notes. I have had it for a while now, and didn't seem to need to use it too often. I prefer using the Sticky Notes, just by ease of access, knowing that the notes have come to be useful since Windows 7.