Google Nexus Player Is Released

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Oct 29, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    player-overview-1600.

It seems like Google is releasing a TV streamer that will battle it out with Apple and other similar products, with what I think is a glaring difference which is that it supports games. I think this is a very good idea and it will probably serve as a killer for all other attempts by other companies who are trying to push for the micro console movement like Amazon, Madcatz, and the original that started it all - OUYA. It honestly looks like it will be able to defeat both markets at once and I myself am interested and hope that it is cheap enough for me to buy as I will be looking to buy one when it comes out.

What do you guys think? Are you interested in this new product that will be offered by Google? Or are you planning on sticking with other brands? Why or why not?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Nexus Player is perhaps the best player between Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and the Roku Player. It's got the hardware to back that up, but it's gaming capabilities are going to be relatively lackluster. The gaming experience will be quite similar to everything we've seen before, so it's not going to kill off mini consoles any time soon. It's a great device with a fantastic price, though. For consuming content and playing basic games, it probably won't be beaten by the current alternatives.