Google or Facebook?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by cluckis • Jul 16, 2012.

1. cluckis

cluckisBanned

Threads:
    There is this poll I found online, stating Facebook vs. Google. You have to enter an email to participate, so just use a old hotmail or yahoo or something.

I really enjoyed it, and loved being able to vote, I voted Facebook :D

Also, for some reason, it only loads for US people, My friend in Canada tried to do it, and he can't get through.

#1Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014
  2. Bloom

BloomMember

Threads:
    If I had to choose between the two it would be Facebook, too. I don't find Google + intriguing. It's hard to figure out and it's pretty dead. I joined it a few months ago, and there's nothing to really do other than put people in circles. And I think that's the weirdest part. You're placing someone random in a circle without their permission. I would want to know what kind of circle I'm placed in if a stranger decided to do so. So overall, Facebook is the overall winner. :)

3. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Facebook is still hot right now, so I would choose them. Google+ has to wait a while to build traffic to their site. I've seen some people migrating to Google+, but not in the numbers of Facebook. Give it a while and Google+ might take the lead, but until they do I'll use Facebook.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm really not a big fan of social networks. I'm on Facebook, but rarely use it. I am on Google+ by default. I signed up for another gmail account and was immediately added. I was planning on joining for business purposes, but I didn't like joining by default.

5. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I highly prefer Facebook. I guess I can't say that with certainty, as I don't have a Google account, but yeah.

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    What's the poll for?

Back to your question, it's apples and oranges, Google is a search engine and Facebook is a social network. If you mean Google+ though or Google altogether (Gmail, Google+, Google Drive, etc.), then I'd have to choose Google, because they've managed to create all kind of different projects with success.

7. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:
    Google plus was a great idea but it's just a little too "fancy" for itself.

That, and facebook already has everyone I know on it. It is inconvenient to have to search for everyone again, which also assumes that they even use google+ for the social network.

8. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    Facebook gets my vote D: You can't beat the old order.

9. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I think google+ seems a bit more business orientated to me and Facebook to be much more of a social enviroment. I think both have advantages. Although, I haven't spent enough time looking through Goolge+ to find all of its content and what's possible on there so I'd have to spend a little more time on there before making my mind up.

10. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I pick Google+ personally. I like just about everything from Google and Facebook has done many things that really irritate me. I am not a big Facebook fan at all, I am mostly there for the games and to say hi to people sometimes that are not in Google.

11. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I will always choose Google, unless they do something that really irks me. I will never choose Facebook...probably one of the most over-rated and mediocre creations of the new millennium. Google is much more fun and less narcissistic.

12. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I actually gave Google + a shot and didn't care much for it at all! The only aspect I liked was that any picture I took instantly uploaded to Google + via the app on my Android phone and it was a good site to keep my photos for free.

13. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would pick facebook all though I don't really use it that much. I don't get how to follow a conversation on facebook.

14. FlipKup

FlipKupMember

Threads:
    Google+ feels awkward and clunky. I will definitely just stick to Facebook this time around. I really do not see the plus side of switching to another social network anyway! Nothing is wrong with Facebook, and the majority of the world agrees.

15. micromachne

micromachneMember

Threads:
    I've learned never to doubt out Google. So I'd pick them. They came from behind with their browser which is now on even terms with Firefox. They came from behind with Gmail which overtook hotmail by storm. And they overcame everyone with their search engine back when Yahoo was the big dog in the yard.

It'll be slow, but the same will happen to Facebook.

16. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Facebook still, but I love Google and most things they come up with. Google+ is good, but I think I still prefer Facebook because only a few of my friends have expanded to Google+.

17. micromachne

micromachneMember

Threads:
    That's Google's own fault though. Right now Google Plus isn't as accessible as Facebook is.

18. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't dare to enter my email there, they will spam me later :( :(.

19. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Google+ is ok but I still like Facebook better. Now I am not happy about Facebook's recent "overhaul". I liked Facebook back in the day when it was nice and clean and bright looking. This new dead light blue BS is annoying and crappy. I have no idea why they changed it. But I don't like it at all. Makes me not even wanna use Facebook anymore beyond business purposes.

20. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I use both and would vote for either when certain factors are to be considered. Google+ for business, the hangout feature is also superb while Facebook for killing boredom by reading into peoples funniest posts