Google Shop!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by melmac • Apr 19, 2012.

1. melmac

melmacMember

Threads:
    I realize Google is not a store, but you can find some great deals if you type the item you're looking for and click "shop". It gives you a list of stores to choose from, so you're able to find the company that has the item cheapest. It doesn't always work, but I've found boots for like $50 cheaper than other outlets. Best of luck with saving money!

2. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I do this frequently myself, though generally the prices I find through google end up being from amazon lol. This is a great idea for everyone to try while shopping online.

3. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the great idea. I've never thought to try that before so I'm definitely going to attempt this next time I have to buy something online.

4. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    How have I not known about this before? Nice find! I've found some great deals thanks to this!

5. cashorcheck

cashorcheckNew Member

Threads:
    It is always our starting point. Google is all inclusive and easily manipulated to display items the way we need; relevance, price, nearest store, etc. It's like Kayak, but for shopping!

6. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I'm always hesitant to buy anything from a website I've never heard of though! A lot of times when I do a google search, it brings up several no-name websites.

7. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    Google is slowly becoming a store even though it isn't at this moment. Google Play has started to sell music, books, and movies! I think soon google will launch something similar to Amazon to sell products of all different kinds. Google can be helpful with finding other great deals as well.

8. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    I love to use this option! It allows for me to shop for a specific product and when I click 'shopping' I am able to compare the costs in stores. I love that I am able to find the cheapest price with shipping. It takes away so much time from having to shop at all of the stores and finding out the price of the item and shipping costs. It also shows me stores that I would not have thought to shop through!

9. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I do this all the time but not even thinking about it. I do it just to search about an item and yes to see where I can find it. I haven't really noticed that I was doing this to save money, but I do click on the lower price all the time :) I really do not buy the item online, but I do compare the prices to see where I can find it locally for cheap.

10. FlorenceNightingale

FlorenceNightingaleNew Member

Threads:
    I love Google Shop!

I'm currently shopping to furnish an apartment I'm getting, and I kid you not, I would just type what I wanted into the shopping search bar, and tons of products would pop up. Plus, you can add items to your shopping list or wish list, and I added everything I found that I wanted, and printed it out. So now when I go to actually buy the products, I know exactly where to look! It's fantastic!

11. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    Interesting! Thanks for the tip. I wonder if they will think about making a Google shopping site at some point?

12. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    I am confused! Is it your first time in Google? Google is like Yahoo. A place where you can find something with typind a word in it. Google's job is to search things. It's not shop. When you write "shop" it shows a list of online shops, but Yahoo is doing the same thing, and I believe a couple of other sites, too! This is everyones way fo find clothes, shoes, pencils... I use Google for everything for years. I even use Google chrome as my browser.
    What is your other way to find clothes online?

13. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know Google had a shop, but I will check it out to see if I can find a deal.

14. GOKuCommander

GOKuCommanderBanned

Threads:
    I'm going to use this next time I'm going to purchase online.

15. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I love using Google shop to find items. I use this tool on an almost daily basis. I really like some of the review sites like, roorooreviews, where it has the information about the product or products and then it list some of the stores offering this product and the pricing. I find this as a great way to shop as well and even learn more about the product before I buy it!

16. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    It seems as if Google is trying to create their own entire brand so you can survive off google items alone. Google Play, Gmail, Google Store, and just basic Google search basically cover everything you need on the Internet. Google even has their own social network! It is all in the theory that Google is attempting to become self-sufficient and not need to rely on other websites.

17. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly, that is NOT a good way to shop at all. Google's search engine will only give you what they feel is most relevant to your search. Not exactly what the best deal is or the most reputable source.

18. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    I never even thought to try this. I will have to compare it to the results I get when looking other ways. Sounds like it might be a good option - or at least one of several options to use in finding local products and comparing them to online prices.