Google TV

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by illusion • Oct 25, 2013.

1. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    I've been curious about trying the new Google TV. I know that it's supposed to be super cheap, but is it any good? Has anyone tried it, yet? I've been using Playon to watch hulu and you tube on my TV. I've been looking at other devices that might be easier to use. But, I still don't know what the best option is.

2. millerhicks

millerhicksNew Member

Threads:
    Do you have a smart tv or are you using something to connect the internet to your tv? I've not heard of Google TV, so I will be checking into that. We have smart tv's and we have completely done away with traditional cable. For the last year, we have used Netflix and HuluPlus. We basically pay $16 a month to be able to watch much more than we did with cable, for well under a third of the cost we had with our cable.

We can also rent movies with a few movie apps on the tv. We also have the ability to access Youtube, Pandora and a couple apps news and weather information. I highly recommend the smart tvs if you can get one. There is also a device you can get a Walmart that you can connect to the tv to turn it into a smart tv. As long as you have internet access, it's a great alternative!