Google Wallet anyone?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by boyuancy • Aug 10, 2012.

1. boyuancy

boyuancyNew Member

Threads:
    For those of you who cannot carry a piece of plastic in your wallets (yes, I'm talking about your Credit/Debit cards), Google, as always, has come to your rescue by coming up with a virtual wallet.
    Basically, you can store all your Credit card information in Google's "highly secure" servers, and when needed, make your payments using a mobile app. It currently accepts two/three different (unknown) card types, and plans to open up to more.
    Do you see it's use here, because quite honestly, I fail to do so... :confused:

2. micromachne

micromachneMember

Threads:
    Nice concept. But I don't have that kind of faith in putting that kind of information into a Google Wallet right now.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have an issue with Google Wallet or any other system that will allow you to simply carry everything in your phone. I have a problem with carrying everything in my phone and making it obvious that I'm using my phone to make my purchases. Not only am I exposing my phone in every situation, but when I'm getting that stolen, they could just as easily beat the passwords out of me.

4. Meow

MeowMember

Threads:
    "Secure servers" is sending up red flags all over. If it can be coded, it can be exploited and there WILL be someone who does so.

5. boyuancy

boyuancyNew Member

Threads:
    I had to review a part of Google Wallet for something that I was writing a while ago. As it goes, if your phone gets stolen, you will have to call your bank or the credit card company and get your card cancelled. Google Wallet doesn't have a direct system for that.
    Wouldn't I just rather lose my card? At least, it would save my phone! :p

6. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, that sounds innovative, but I would never use this service. Hackers can easily get into your information with that system. At least with carrying it in your wallet, you can see the person face to face. I wouldn't use this because computer servers malfunction, and what if your data is lost? That's a great concept, but I think they should work the bugs out first.

7. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I guess I am just too paranoid. I still prefer to pay in cash. i don't like having my purchases tract. I do use credit cards occasional when I have to . But I prefer to have something shipped to a local store and pick it up and pay cash if I can.

8. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I've just checked it online today. It looks to be a good thing, now that is from my favorite technology company. I'll be waiting to see how it works and if there are any hidden charges with it, also about its security level!

9. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    At the moment it looks good, but I wouldn't try it yet. Mainly for the factor that it's a brand new service, and I'm paranoid about getting all my information hacked/lose my phone. That and my phone can't even get online! Yeah, I need a new phone upgrade. And soon.

10. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    It's a good concept but as of now I am not going to use it. I have business relationship with Google so they already have my credit card information so I am not worried about security of that. But I am more concerned about misplacing my mobile, it is easy to lose that and I don't trust my mobile loaded with my financial information falling into wrong hands.

11. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    It annoys me that this is the only way to buy an app from the google play store. I find google wallet to be the biggest waste of time, and I wouldn't use it otherwise. As far as I'm concerned, the fewer companies that have my credit card information the better.

12. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    I wouldn't use it if I had a choice but you have to use google wallet to buy apps and that's the only time I have actually used Google Wallet. However,with time, I might get used to it and start using it. Right now, I am comfortable with Paypal and I know Google Wallet is supposed to be competing with Paypal but for now I'll stick to Paypal.

13. ZRadach

ZRadachMember

Threads:
    No, I don't[see it's use]... and the customer service reps I dealt with in dealing with an issue of mine were sub-standard as far as diligence goes (they didn't seem to try to call me back at all if the call was dropped).

In due time I hope they add neat stuff that makes it worth while, since Google is usually so inventive. I would probably use it then!

Thanks for the read! :D