Google's Next Nexus Smartphone

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by troutski • May 9, 2015.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    All rumors are revolving around a Nexus 5 variant being released later this year. The rumored spec sheet is downright impressive in certain aspects, and I currently own the original Nexus 5, which is an incredible device. The Nexus line has gone more mainstream with the Nexus 6 phone and Nexus 9 tablet, so hopefully the newest device brings things back to the niche affordable but premium category of smartphones where it belongs.

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wait, so they released Nexus 5, 6, 9, then the other flagship phone, and now they are making a new Nexus 5? And here I thought Apple was stretching it... I miss when there was just one flagship Nexus phone and maybe a tablet.

3. troutski

Threads:
    Well, the Nexus 6 is the current flagship Nexus device. The Nexus 5 was discontinued at the beginning of the year, and the Nexus 9 is a tablet. All the other Nexus devices are outdated, except the Nexus Player, a streaming box. The Nexus 6 is the late-2014 to mid-2015 flagship, so it makes sense that another one is going to come out almost a year later. That's how ALL smartphone manufacturers work.

4. troutski

Threads:
    I doubt it. Most of the rumors have two handhelds being produced, one a normal smartphone and one a phablet. The Nexus 9 is still a current tablet, and it's not exactly the most popular tablet, so I doubt Google is going to build one this year. It could happen, but the rumors are all about smartphones right now.