Got the money?

Discussion in Pets started by Denis Hard • Aug 4, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If your pet is dead, you can now send it off to space.

How much does it cost?

If you're one of those people interested in "o honor their special animal companions with a final journey among the stars" well at least now you have the chance.

2. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I hate rich people that spend ridiculous amounts on their pets and then call themselves animal lover. If you were a real animal lover you would donate that money to help save pets suffering on the street.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Maybe they love just specific animals — the ones they've taken care of themselves. However I suppose there are better ways to spend money instead of blasting a dead pet to space. Why waste $4 K on a dead pet?

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Haha... where do you find this stuff? Well, why not? If you have the cash to do it, then go right ahead with it. Even though you could be giving that money to someone who really needs it, at least you are not spending it on something destructive either. If you think that your beloved pet should be resting amongst the stars, then so be it. You can stand on your veranda every night and wave at little Max or Rosie in the sky... :)

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I really don't see any appeal to this....for humans or pets either one, lol.

Also, I'm curious about their permissions to actually do this.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't think I'll be buying his service even if I did have the money. I'll admit that I may want it for myself, but even that is a long shot, and for my pets I'd definitely not want to spend as much nor do I think it necessary to send their remains to space. I'd rather just use that money to keep us happy while we're both still alive, but once we're dead, I don't really care that much anymore.

7. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds so crazy to me. I mean how much would something like that would cost? I could see if the owner wanted to go with and experience going into outer space but to send your deceased pet alone into space for what??? It's like use the money you would spend on that to a local animal shelter or charity for other animals who can really use it. I mean really...

8. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    To Mariee's response: My thought exactly! There are so many other pets who are alive and are suffering, who could use that kind of money for food, medical, and shelter ect... What a waste. And I don't get this, they send a pet up into space and they just float up in space for ever? So weird....

Ok I read it again, and it's cremated remains, not a full animal but still over the top.

#8Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  9. Forall

ForallMember

Threads:
    I don't see any sense in this at all!

10. tzbt827

tzbt827Member

Threads:
    That seems like a really stupid idea in my opinion, who in their right mind would want to blast their deceased pets into space? Surely there would be an issue with this if they were to send thousands of dead animals into space it could cause 'pollution' or maybe affect different space projects going on at the time.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ok, I watched the video and a portion of the money goes to the Space Services Foundation, so the money does support a noble cause. But still, it is very extravagant and flamboyant. Only the filthy rice and wasteful would avail of this offer. I'd rather keep my pet's ashes at home than scatter it somewhere in space.

12. JoshPosh

JoshPoshBanned

Threads:
    This is by far the stupidest thing I ever heard of. Some people have too much money for their own good. Instead of feeding a homeless person, they are going to send their deceased pet in outer space. Shame on the people that are taking these peoples money.

13. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    The idea sounds really good, but I think it is a waste of precious money. The money can be put to better use for yourself or to house other pets. I am sure that the pets have never even bothered to look at the stars very keenly and ever would have a wish to stay among the stars. If they had a way to talk I am sure they would want to be close to their masters even after death.