Grand theft auto 5

Discussion in Product Reviews started by vpresson • Oct 12, 2013.

1. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I've been following GTA V because I'm curious about the PC version and there's some evidence such as bug reports and files/code from the game that it's being ported to the PC and PS4. You can tell it reaches the limits of what last gen consoles can do. They had to cut corners and make sacrifices to make it playable and still it struggles to perform well. It really is a game meant for PC and the new systems. Last gen consoles just don't do it justice.

2. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I will get the PC version. I don't own a console so that's my only option. I've played a friends version on the console though, and I can only say good things about it. The map is even bigger than San Andreas, and you really can't get bored of exploring :)

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you buy GTA 5, make sure that you have a lot of space on the hard drive of your game console. Disc one of the game is a huge mandatory install just to be able to play the game.
    The online play of the game is even more open ended than playing the game offline and there are special Valentine's Day downloads that online Grand Theft Auto 5 players got.
    The trailer theme song Sleepwalking by The Chain Gang Of 1974 is a great song.

4. autograph

autographNew Member

Threads:
    GTA V is a really great game. I have been waiting for its release and I was totally overjoyed when I bought my copy. Compared to the previous GTA games, the graphics are totally astounding, it is far more realistic. As for the gameplay, as you would expect from GTA, there are profanities and violence as usual. I would not recommend the game for kids though.
    Another awesome thing about GTA V is the ability to go online. Whenever I am bored playing by myself, I just go online and have some fun with my other friends in the game.

5. Brad

BradMember

Threads:
    People may hate me for saying this, but, I don't like GTA V. Not only did it not live up to my expectations, but the games online was hacked easily, and got boring after just a few days. The story mode was short and lacked creativity, I just got bored after a week of playing it. I felt the story mode's missions were poor. Although I did like the characters and how they acted, the missions themselves didn't really enlighten me as they were mostly reasonably short and not entertaining at all.

The online was better than the story, but wasn't what Rockstar promised. I felt at a lower level, I was restrained to what I could do and the jobs got repetitive unless you had friends who you could play with. There were not enough properties, especially when we got that $500,000 and the most expensive property was only $400,000. I felt there should have been more super cars which cost a lot more than the cars which were originally on the game.

I'm probably not the first one, but I just didn't feel it was as good as it seemed.

#25Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  6. Ruth

RuthMember

Threads:
    One of my friends bought it. I've played it a few times in his place. I do like the game, but I wouldn't buy it for myself. I'm not a big fan of video games. While I do enjoy an occasional gaming sessions, I'm afraid that if I'd own a game as awesome as Grand Theft Auto 5 myself, it would be hard to stop myself from playing it, and spend the time doing something more productive.

7. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    We got it at our house and we did play on it for hours at a time at first when we got the game. However, I think that we spent way too much time on it at first and it wasn't very long before we all burned out on it. We haven't played at all since the first of the year. Luckily, we didn't pay for the game, someone gave it to us so we aren't out a ton of money.

8. AngryItalian

AngryItalianMember

Threads:
    GTA is for those who love the genre of game it is. If you hate GTA and love Candy Crush Saga, navigate away from here. This is for US! Definitely an 8 out of 10 game. Not what I expected, but certainly ecstatic about what was actually in the game when I got it.

9. winsomenotions

winsomenotionsMember

Threads:
    I love the GTA games, especially GTA5. The plot keeps gamers' attention and the new features are a lot of fun. The graphics are pretty great and make the game really enjoyable to play. It's a great game to play with friends because you can all laugh at the absurdity together as you character chases people on a busy street with a gun. I can play this game for hours without getting bored which basically means that it is a fantastic game that I would recommend to anyone who doesn't mind violence and graphic language.

10. Ionel

IonelNew Member

Threads:
    I have played it and I've been impressed by the wonderful open world, the story telling, the characters and the great gameplay. I'm even more impressed by the fact that this great game can run on a console, it really shows how far we've got with optimization.

11. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I have seen this game around for years and heard it is a lot of fun, but also very vulgar. I know that I wouldn't let my kids play it, but have to admit I am rather curious. I have never played any of them. From reviews I have read they just keep getting better and better. I just don't think I would care for all the vulgarity that I have heard that is in it. Is there any games similar only not so, hum, not quiet so vulgar? Or, are they not as bad as I have heard they are?

12. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    I bought it for the Xbox 360 and I loved it, it really pushed the limits of what these consoles could do, one least hoorah for the 360 and PS3. The game was really enjoyable, the story had me on the edge of my seat and I felt with the characters through the ups and downs. Even when the story was completed, there was still much to do afterwards with all the side activities and GTA online. I could make an entire separate comment going into Grand Theft Auto online, regardless they are both wonderful. I'm excited to see what PC modders will do with a canvas such as Grand Theft Auto V, what they managed to do with Grand Theft Auto IV was incredible.

13. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    GTA 5 is a must-have;) It`s fun to be played with your boyfriend/girlfriend, despite the little interest shown on speed and cars