Great app to easily create music?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by lindbergh • Oct 7, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hi guys, I want to make videos on YouTube and in order to do that, I need to have original soundtracks for my videos. I need a software (Windows) that I could easily use to create music and sounds just by mixing and matching different elements and export my work to different audio formats like MP3. Any ideas guys?

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know much about this type of stuff. But I think your best choice would be to google it and see if you can find what you are looking for. Nine out of ten times when I google for something not many people know about (so I can't get advice) I google it and usually am happy with what I find.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have recently purchased Music Maker for Windows. It's a pretty good software which could be used to combine different sound effects, instruments and voices to form music. There are a lot of options to choose from and the end result is pretty awesome. The generated music could be saved in different formats like MP3

4. BlackMage

BlackMageNew Member

Threads:
    You don't really have to create the music yourself, all you have to do is use songs without copyrights. Many artists out there give permission to use their songs on youtube, just do a google search on Royalty Free Music, I'm pretty sure you can find lots of good songs.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Fruity Loops seems to be popular. I never fully got it myself, but I did learn a few of the basics relatively easily, and the rest of the world doesn't seem to have a problem making music with it. I've heard some good samples online done by FL ranging from amateur sounding songs to really good professional sounding ones.

6. SophiaLazar

SophiaLazarMember

Threads:
    I'm a professional, and could rate all of the top titles for you, but there are a couple of decisions and some info that really should be considered before you even pick a kind of software. First though, you should check out the option of AUDIO SAUNA, UJAM that are free on the google app dashboard. But you did say that you are seeking to do this for video, so here I'll lay out some the nitty gritty in case this becomes a serious hobby.

If you are on windows, I do recommend also that you remember that your sound card may not handle what you are trying to do. There are many ways around this, and there are a few titles that should not really give your computer a hard time, if your computer is fairly up to date. You can actually go to the Adobe website and download trial versions, because this is a very tricky area when it comes to getting the sound and the video to line up right. On the other hand, some of adobe video titles give you a good option for both such as Premier.

A beginner program that a lot of people like is Sony's Acid, a traditional piece of long-standing software originally put out by Sound Forge company. Another title that many pc users love is Cubase, by Steinberg, but it's pricey and the learning curve is very steep. It's not easy to set up unless you are REALLY savvy with signal routing to begin with. It's hard to say though, some people are very quick learners, but these are old school title that pre-date two things,

the advent of the ABLETON live program, and the aquisition of PRO TOOLS by Avid, who released it as PRO TOOLS LE, and they also bought M-AUDIO, which makes the needed interfaces and tools that most all pc users find out sooner or later that any kind of bouncing requires. So the AVID PRO TOOLS M_AUDIO bundles are really the best thing out there under 150, because of what I will explain below.

That is the crux of the issue, the all important bounce, this means, that if you are wanting to use these songs as wav files or mp3s in a video program, once you have sequenced a few tracks, you have to export them as combined files, and that is known as bouncing, only certain programs do this well.

I emphasize the word well. Audio is not like other stuff on computers, where it either works or it doesn't. It will drive you nuts to find out that clips, distortion, sound cutting, and all manner of annoying mishaps occur, but most likely what will occur is that your computer will say "pc too slow to process" and that is why you should maybe steer toward the PRO TOOLS 99 to 150 dollar bundles, because there are two choices that include an external sound card. Even if you have other things you do on pc, i.e., like gaming, and have like a GE Force or other dedicated video card for that, audio is different.

There are products sold on line and at all major electronics stores. Now here is where you want to pay attention closely to what your projects will be, so that you don't waste time returning things. Remember that with a lot of software, once you have installed a disc they don't let you return it. So you can go to the cheesy section of the store and pick out something for under 70 or sixty dollars, and it's going to not perform well, and the sound will be poor. If you are not adept at other instruments, you will need to rely on the use of samples and software instruments, and you need a proper DAW, (digital audio workstation) to do this.

The key controller is what allows you to punch in the sounds you want by tapping on it. It's not a synth, but merely a keyboard that is controlling the software synth, strings drums, etc. It's plug and play USB, so its not like the old midi versions that were more daunting to set up. Its just like plugging in any modern printer.

Now the other way to go about this is to download free samples (which are loops) that you can attain readily enough for free, but most of the time you would want a combination of the two methods.

Other than the Pro-Tools products, you will want to check out a trial version of Abelton live. By researching up on any of the you-tubes on the subject you will find that it does an enormously different set of tasks than Pro-Tools or any other DAW, in that the ability it has to sync any part of a song and the ease of the way it sets and up and runs is altogether another animal than Pro Tools, but you wont find in the price range that you can get a 100 dollar Pro-Tools interface for.

The beauty thing is that should you want to acquire Ableton later, be aware that it DOES NOT MAKE your PRO TOOLS DAW obsolete, rather it actually interfaces and lines right into, a system known as REWIRE.

Maybe you don't need, it maybe you do, there are TONS and TONS of you tubes on this. One other title I'm going to not forget to mention is REASON RECORD. It has some great synths, and I happen to love this software, but again it NOT affordable, and most people would not put it on par with the other two I'm focusing on.

Here is why I bring this up. The industry standard professional software other than the mac-based Logic, (only for mac) for windows, is PRO TOOLS. Years ago, this was completely out of the reach of the NOVICE or hobby person.

Now, PROTOOLS does sound much louder and brighter than Ableton, and if you dont know how to master, you will want to go with the big, loud, bright, lovely software. Although for your purposes, Ableton may be the easiest answer at the higher price tag, however, if you do choose to learn Pro Tools and find that video editing is something you'll invest in, it is available in the full high end version that you may upgrade to. This version is traditionally made to work with final cut pro. However, at that point, it is doubtful you would be able to run things without a Macintosh, so this can be a bit of a sticking point, which I'm going to leave off for the purposes of this thread.

This is what you want to decide here:

There are three types of ways to get the Pro-Tools LE version. One is, you purchase the 49 key midi controller and the software comes in the bundle in the box. But if you don't see yourself needing to control the instruments, you would be inserting loops. This is going to be the fastest way to achieve results most likely, because programming synth chord progressions and drums is normally beyond the beginner.

The other big point is this.
    There is the computer music interface. I really recommend this. If you ever want to plug in a guitar, you want to get the interface choice. It converts the analog guitar single into a digital one that is transferred via a USB into information that your computer can process.

The other reason to do this is that even if it seems like it is working for a while, music software on your windows machine may in fact burn out your built-in sound card. Now some laptops like the Sony Vaio, and even the HP with AMD chip come with a brand name audio card. Still beware, these can burn out and then the solution to that problem is to buy an external DSP card anyway! So if you have a tower pc, then you can also get a dedicated sound card like the dedicated ausio card you may have, but again, adding to the cost and set up. For that, matter you can get a sound card with midi interfaces and sound interfaces on them but that's getting a bit complex for this thread.

So here's where you want to ask yourself if you might be doing something like adding narrations to your video, or as I said, will you want to play the synths and the drum machine in the software.
    The PRO tools LE, IS going to give the user a set of software synths: the ES1 which is pianos and synths, and some strings, and the VB1, which is bass guitar, and the drum machine. Now if you are going to want to use these, you will want to choose the Pro Tools bundle that comes with a midi key controller, but bear in mind, this key controller does NOT have THE EXTERNAL SOUND CARD in it, so that the big difference there.

The AVID M-AUDIO USB microphone, however, is a very good USB mic, the best in this price class. It DOES SERVE as an external sound card, and it does have the Pro-Tools software in the box, and it is between 99 to 120 bucks, I believe. Now what that does is inside the sound settings in the control panel of your laptop you will then be able to select the mic as the input and/or output, and this will take the processing of audio off the internal audio card and CPU of the laptop or computer, and it will place the burden on the mic, which is built to handle it as proprietary means on the mic built for Pro Tools, which is the best sounding other than Logic and will produce the best results.

Feel free to message me or ask more questions, because there are definitely other options but this should give you a start.

#6Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  7. JaxonRouse

JaxonRouseNew Member

Threads:
    No such stuff is out there on Google; I agree with “Lindbergh”, you should try some music maker app. There are lots of choices present on the play store; definitely the end result will be pretty awesome. However, for your help, I would like to mention one good app i.e. Shimmeo which is easy to use. The benefit of using this app is that it offers a great scope for imagination with its advance features and filters. Simply pick your favorite song and shoot a video, it will instantly dub the music to your video with perfect lip sync. Hope your search ends here.

#7Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would recommend Fl studio, or fruity loops. There are many applications on the market these days for making music, but my favorite on both the PC platform and Android platform is fl studio. I don't mind the prices either.I don't know if there are any vst plugin options with the android fl studio though.

9. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I once made a fan video in youtube and i just used a song from one of my favorite bands. I put a disclaimer of course otherwise the video will be shut down by youtube team. It would've been nice if i composed my own background music but i have no skills on that. But i heard of fruity loops, i think that one is the most popular out there.