Great comedy movies?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by 003 • May 17, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't usually watch comedy movies. I don't avoid them. It's just that it simply happens that I forget them to include in my movies-to-watch search and list. Now, I would want to start watching them, but I've got this problem: I don't know which comedy movies are really worth-watching. I only have a limited time to spend a time with a movie just to get disappointed. Any recommendations?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most comedies are rather disappointing, especially the new ones. I'd recommend going to IMDB, clicking on the comedy genre and maybe from there you'll get good recommendations of comedies which many people actually liked. While tastes might be different, I don't see how a lot of people could go wrong. However to start you off, I'd suggest you start your hunt for comedies with finding "The Naked Gun."

It's one of the best spoofs ever made.

3. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    My most favorite comedy from last year was This Is the End. It's about stoner comedy stars (James Franco, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen and many more) portraying themselves in a party that ends with a total apocalypse.

This movie has plenty of cameos from others stars and I really enjoyed it, but I can see how many (if not most) other people wouldn't like it.

4. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    The last comedy series that I've watched was Fawlty Towers and the Inbetweeners. I still keep them with me because I never got tired or bored watching them whenever I want to. I can't really remember the last comedy movie I've watched though. But Fawlty Towers is very recommended :)

5. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44Member

Threads:
    I loved "Fawlty Towers"! Oh, how about "Blackadder", if we're going British, or "Benny Hill"? "Vicar of Dibley" is surprisingly funny, and so is "Keeping Up Appearances".

For movies, I like "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" and "Murder By Death", which are parodies of detective stories, as well as "Airplane!", "Young Frankenstein", "Bowfinger", "The Producers", "A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum" and "Clue".

6. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Ah yes, I forgot to mention Blackadder haha! Rowan Atkinson is my all time favoruite. And "Father Ted" by the way if we are going Irish :D

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My favorite comedy movies of all time are Anchorman and Zoolander, so I'd just recommend those. I don't think they are for everybody, though, so just be warned, because I've read a lot of comments online saying how much they hate these movies, which I don't understand at all but of course everyone just has different tastes. I suppose it has a lot to do with the humor being low brow, but I myself don't mind and even welcome it because I can get intelligent movies elsewhere but when it comes to comedies, I don't mind it being shallow as long as I find it entertaining and funny which I do.

8. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    Has anyone seen the new movie Tammy yet? I believe it has come out already, or it may be today! I think the star of this movie is hilarious, I can't wait to see it!