Great Tool for Craigslist Users looking to save money!

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Beauty • Apr 28, 2012.

1. Beauty

BeautyNew Member

Threads:
    Hi there!

You should all check out this blog, as it gives you great tips on saving money when buying used goods online and not getting ripped off. This specific blog post is about how to benefit the most from using Craigslist, so you don’t get ripped off buying, and get the highest profit selling.

Cheers!

2. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    That's a nice blog. I personally don't use CraigsList as there's no system contained within to dispute cases of items not working or not even arriving, you're usually on your own with these types of sites. I prefer to stick to proper auction and buying sites like eBay or Amazon.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have purchased a few items from people on craigslist, but always with my fingers crossed. The tool to check the value of items by people who place auctions on ebay has been mentioned before as a very valuable and can be use on your smartphone.

4. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    I only purchase items on craiglist locally so I can check the condition before paying anything.

5. youtubedomination

youtubedominationMember

Threads:
    I've never done much with Craigslist but if I did, I would always purchase locally and pay in-person. But for the moment, I prefer an established site and I can pay for with Paypal in case something goes wrong.

6. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Me too I don't buy things that require shipping. That's the best way to buy items on Craigslist is to go to the sellers home. That is dangerous though so you have to be careful. Great blog by the way, but just not something I would use.

7. LiquidatorBrunt

LiquidatorBruntMember

Threads:
    Of course you should only buy locally on Craigslist. I've had good luck with selling many things on there and have even bought a couple items with no hassles. I always seem to met interesting people and it's free and fun. The best part about CL is if I want to get rid of something free and quick posting it in the free section and it will be claimed right away.

8. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    I've had nothing but luck selling on CL but I wouldn't buy a product unless I was 100% sure that there was nothing wrong with the product. It's not like a yard sale where you can get an item cheap and if it has problems, it's not really a big loss, so you have to be cautious but as long as you have knowledge on what you're getting then it's good to go. I remember a guy that lived about an hour north of me wanting to buy some things from me and he actually gave me the money + extra via paypal to ship it to him. I love when you come across buyers like that, since I'm a very hesitant person. Interesting blog post though, thanks!

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Craigslist has always creeped me out lol. It's so unprofessional looking and all the horror stories you hear and all the scams. I use kijiji, I don't think I've ever trusted craigslist enough to actually make a purchase.