Great Value Store Brand Chicken Nuggets

Discussion in Product Reviews started by writer811 • Jul 3, 2012.

1. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tip on the nuggets. The name Great Value nuggets, sounds as if you are going to be disappointed. But you don't know unless you try them and then you really know the whole story. Thanks again.

2. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have an issue with the Walmart brand....the only things I don't really like are some of the prepared freezer meals, but otherwise they are pretty close to the name brands.

3. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    We too tried these chicken nuggets. It was more out of a limited amount of money called for us to purchase them. I can second your experience that the nuggets were disgusting. We could not get any of our children to try more than one bite with out spitting them back out.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've bought quite a few Great Value products but never their chicken nuggets. Since 3 of you found them completely gross, that's a red flag to stay away from them. It's not that hard to make chicken nuggets anyway, sometimes I just get pressed for time and grab convenience foods. I wonder how the Great Value burger patties are.

5. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    It's safe to say anything with the word "value" in the title, you can expect it to taste like crap. I've tried this brand before and I wasn't impressed. Somethings are better if you stick to the name brands. That little extra money you pay is worth it for a great taste. There are times where I will debate in the store should I go with the cheaper product, but I remember how bad it taste, and I go with the name brand nuggets.

6. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't, but I try to stay away from chicken nuggets in general. Although, when my family buys chicken fingers or nuggets they always seem to buy the Jane's brand. I do think it is a little pricier though, but they always seem happy with the quality.

7. hobbies360

hobbies360New Member

Threads:
    I believe that Great Value is a Wal Mart brand. A friend of mine that used to work for Wal Mart told me that Wal Mart has the major food maker companies that supply name brands like Kraft,Tyson,Nabisco,etc make their foods but then just put their labels on them. I am not so sure this is true.

I have in fact bought Great Value nuggets, and other products from Wal Mart and I can tell they are not the real thing. They had a strange color and the crust flaked off as if it was not battered well. They may have been old or something. I usually oven bake my nuggets instead of microwave, this gives them a more crispy texture and they don't seem so manufactured. The Great Value brand did not bake the same as Tyson or Banquet. Some things in life aren't meant to be made cheap, nuggets are one of them.

8. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Agreed - and LIDL own brand chicken nuggets are excellent as well. The difference is, they are made with only breast meat. Most store brands use reconstituted chicken, which looks and tastes revolting. I always keep a pack of LIDL or Aldi nuggets in the freezer - it's handy for a picnic or if we have unexpected visitors and I do a buffet lunch. Nobody has ever complained about them, and they disappear like magic.

9. redheadinlove

redheadinloveNew Member

Threads:
    Kroger's brand is always great! I've yet to have a product that wasn't just as good or better than name brand. Their toaster waffles are fluffier and thicker, and the chocolate chip ones have so many more chocolate chips than Eggo.

10. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, my family has also tried them and didn't like them. I hardly ever eat chicken nuggets anyway, so when I tried them, I couldn't finish them I had to get something else for lunch that day. I believe they also have a type that are more like chicken strips. I'm not sure how those are as I'd be afraid to try them now.

11. adamnawroc

adamnawrocNew Member

Threads:
    I wonder what he'd have to say about these nuggets..

[video=youtube;aIB0zkBYvB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIB0zkBYvB8[/video]

12. kristyleann

kristyleannMember

Threads:
    I've never tried Great Value chicken nuggets but I'm not surprised. A lot of chicken nuggets are like that. The only brand I'll buy to cook at home are Tyson. Every time I've ever bought another brand they were brown/orangish looking and tasted like crap. The only nuggets I like as far as fast food goes are from Wendy's.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Certain Great Value products are okay in a pinch ,like their coffee ,drink mixes and pizza sauce. Their cleaning products are okay too. Of course now that I've discovered Dollar Tree, I probably won't buy cleaning products at Walmart anymore.

14. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I have tried those and they are awfull! My kids hated them and my dog did not even eat them. They were a really nasty color and I gagged when I tried them. Sometimes that is a good brand, I get a lot of stuff from that brand and most of them they are pretty good, but sometimes it's best to buy the name brand.

15. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do get stuff by Great Value often. Never tried the chicken nuggets, but I tried many other products. No, they are not the best quality out there and they are definitely not comparable to the prime products in the categories. But I do like some of their products. Their tomato sauce is good, and I really like their cereal bars..