Greek Yogurt Is Delicious And Inexpensive To Make

Discussion in Food & Drink started by cluckeyo • Jun 22, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I start by making a pot of yogurt in my dehydrator. The oven can also be used. You can google for instructions. Greek yogurt is simply strained yogurt. After your yogurt is ready, use a fine mesh strainer to remove a lot of whey. You can maybe let it starin for an hour. I then dip it into individual 8 oz mason jars with plastic Lids. When I want to eat one, I add honey and granola. So good. A half gallon of milk will make up about 8 servings.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have made regular yogurt before in the oven. It wasn't difficult. I might make it again, as it was something that was easy to do, and saved money. I never tried Greek Yogurt, but it sounds like it would be something that could yield benefits. It sure is expensive to buy in the store. If I could make it at home I would be happy actually. Anything to save money really! Good suggestion!

3. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds easy enough, thank you for the steps. I haven't tried making my own yogurt but i also did found some steps online before and thought of trying it out but never really got around to it. Hopefully i can try it this weekend, i do love yogurt.