Green Hosting

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Jason76 • Jan 27, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Well, it's somewhat more expensive but it's good for a lot of people's ethics. Do you think it's worth the extra price? Note, a lot of environmentalists have claimed hosting is a terrible pollutant, rivaling the airline industry. In this case, how can anyone with good ethics justify hosting that isn't green? Well, one justification involves birds. Some conservatives claim too many birds are killed in windmills, but probably green hosting advocates would claim that the problem is being addressed.

2. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Doubtlessly, green hosting is getting popularity with every passing day. There's a cost involved in green hosting, but the claim of zero production of carbon-di-oxide making many people opt for it.
    The network of world wide web is rapidly increasing. The pollution which comes as a result, has a major impact on environment. Green house hosting could be a solution to deal with this. Given the increased level of air pollution, green hosting might be mandatory, some day.

3. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    So far, I haven't seen that the price of green hosting is that much more than regular hosting. In addition, there is a bulk deal that is incredibly cheap. Basically, you get a cheap price but you have to sign up for three years.

It would be very difficult to get most hosting companies to convert to an environmentally friendly model.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    As I read your post I found it confusing for I was thinking that you are talking about the web hosting site which is green. When you mentioned environment. Now I got the right and clear point of view for a discussion. Greening the environment is now seemed to be hard for there are people and even a group of companies that are denuding the forested land area of the earth. Trees have been illegally cut. High buildings keep on sprouting all over the highly urbanized cities and even in the rural areas. It will take a hundred years to green the surrounding, the plains and the mountains. Anyway, for the people to survive, greening the environment is the best solution especially to get rid of pollutants either in the air, in the rivers or in the land.